The Counseling and Career Services Center assists students who need advice about transferring to other educational institutions. The College has articulation agreements with numerous four-year colleges, and information is available to indicate what courses will transfer to a four-year college or university.

Students who earned a baccalaureate degree at Penn College and wish to further their education should contact Counseling Services for guidance.

Transfer Course Equivalency Search

Penn College's Transfer-focused Degrees

Penn College's associate of arts and associate of applied arts majors are designed for transfer into baccalaureate programs. The School of Sciences, Humanities & Visual Communications offers two associate of arts degrees-General Studies and Studio Arts-which provide the foundation in liberal arts and general education courses required in many bachelor's degrees. Students have considerable flexibility to choose courses to satisfy the first two years in their chosen majors. However, individuals interested in transfer should contact the four-year institutions early in their majors to plan course selection effectively.

Priority Transfer to The Pennsylvania State University

Students who complete an associate's degree at Penn College will be given priority consideration for baccalaureate degree admission to Penn State/University Park programs. Priority consideration does not guarantee admission as a junior at Penn State. Some Penn State degree majors have enrollment limitations and specific courses and grade-point average requirements. Students interested in transferring to Penn State should contact Counseling Services for details on course transfer.

Although Penn College's counselors provide valuable assistance, students bear the ultimate responsibility for course selection as well as for understanding and meeting transfer requirements. To avoid unnecessary setbacks, students are encouraged to communicate directly with the desired transfer institution early in the planning process.