(Effective Fall 2012)
- School of Transportation & Natural Resources Technologies
- Associate of Applied Science Degree (A.A.S.)
- Green major
- More Information about Automotive Service Sales and Marketing
The Automotive Service Sales and Marketing degree prepares students for careers in automotive service specializing in the customer relations and marketing of service related retail sales. Students have the option of developing technical skills in either automotive maintenance and repair, or in collision repair. Internships provide actual work experience in production and customer relations while business courses further develop skills in management, marketing, and sales.
Assistant service manager, service adviser, service writer, parts manager, sales of automotive service/merchandise, and sales and marketing of specialized automotive service equipment.
Recommended High School Subjects
Three years of English, one year of algebra, one year of physical science.
Special Equipment Needs
See the required and optional Tool Lists on the Automotive Service Sales and Marketing major web page.
Students may enter the major with two deficiencies. Students deficient in MTH 004 or RDG 001 must remediate before entering any of the automotive majors. The order of remediation will be math, reading, English.
This major is subject to the transfer standards established by the College (see http://www.pct.edu/catalog/TransferringCredits ). Exceptions must be approved by the school dean.
Program GoalsA graduate of this major should be able to:
- understand the applied physical and scientific principles and technical theory necessary for successful employment in the field of customer relations and marketing of service related retail sales in either automotive maintenance and repair or in collision repair.
- apply production and management software in the operation and record keeping of a service facility.
- demonstrate adequate and appropriate customer relations skills and workplace behaviors, and pursue ongoing technical skill development, sufficient for employment in the field of customer relations and marketing of service related retail sales in either automotive maintenance and repair or in collision repair.
- be successfully employed in the field of customer relations and marketing of service related retail sales in either automotive maintenance and repair or collision repair.
|FYE101||First Year Experience||1||.50||1.50||S||REQ|
|AUE||Directed Elective - Automotive Emphasis||12||M||AUE|
|CRE||Directed Elective - Collision Repair Emphasis||12||M||CRE|
|MTH124||Technical Algebra and Trigonometry I||3||3||S||REQ|
|MTH180||College Algebra and Trigonometry I||3||3||S||REQ|
|AUE||Directed Elective - Automotive Emphasis||9||M||AUE|
|CRE||Directed Elective - Collision Repair Emphasis||11||M||CRE|
|CSC124||Information, Technology, and Society||3||3||S||REQ|
|ENL111||English Composition I||3||3||S||REQ|
|AMT104||Hybrid Electric Vehicle||1||1||M||REQ|
|AMT260||Automotive Service Internship I||2||M||REQ|
|AMT262||Automotive Customer Service Techniques||2||2||M||REQ|
|ECO111||Principles of Macroeconomics||3||3||M||REQ|
|ENL201||Technical and Professional Communication||3||3||S||REQ|
|MGT115||Principles of Management||3||3||M||REQ|
|MKT240||Principles of Marketing||3||3||M||REQ|
|AMT242||Vehicle Safety Inspection||1||1||M||REQ|
|AMT261||Automotive Internship II||2||M||REQ|
|FIT||Fitness and Lifetime Sports Elective||1||S||FIT|
|MGT249||Small Business Management||3||3||M||REQ|
|MGT301||Business Law I||3||3||M||REQ|
The first year technical courses contained in the degree are certified by the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation in both automotive and collision repair.