Financial Planning (001)
(Effective Fall 2015)
- School of Business & Hospitality
- Competency Credential
- https://www.pct.edu/accounting/">More Information about Financial Planning
The competency credential in Financial Planning is designed to provide a broad background in financial planning for those students who desire to become a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner. Students are awarded a certificate of participation after completing the six required courses for the program. Students completing the competency credential in Financial Planning are eligible to sit for the CFP® Certification Examination. Prior to certification, candidates also must provide evidence of financial planning work-related experience, sign an affidavit disclosing prior business conduct, and agree to adhere to CFP Board's Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility. For more information on obtaining the CFP® certification, see the program coordinator.
- A competency credential must be completed within three years of enrollment in the credential.
- Non-traditional credit such as credit-by-exam, work/life experience, and transfer credit is limited to one third of the total credits in the credential. Two thirds of the requirements must be completed by course enrollment.
- Students must earn a grade of C or better in each course to merit the credential.
|FIN305||Fundamentals of Financial Planning||3|
|FIN395||Retirement and Insurance Planning||3|
|ACC331||Income Taxation of Individuals||3|
|FIN435||Financial Planning Capstone||3|
Required prerequisites ACC 113 Introduction to Financial Accounting.
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. owns the certification marks CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ and federally registered CFP (with flame design) in the U.S., which it awards to individuals who successfully complete CFP Board's initial and ongoing certification requirements.
Pennsylvania College of Technology does not certify individuals to use the CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ and marks. CFP certification is granted solely by Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. to individuals who, in addition to completing an educational requirement such as this CFP Board-Registered Program, have met ethics, experience, and examination requirements.