Directed Industrial and Human Factors Design electives are approved courses that relate to industrial or interaction design and allow the student to pursue individual interests. Courses leading to certain minors are also available as directed electives. Contact your adviser to discuss the approved list of minors and courses. A minimum of 3 credits must be earned in 300- or 400-level courses.
APPROVED MINORS: Biology (MBL); Business Administration (MBS); Communication Studies (MCN); Graphic Communications Tech (MGC); IAS Risk Analyst (MRA); International Business (MIB); Marketing (MMK); Psychology (MPY); Sustainable Design (MSD)
APPROVED CLASSES: Students are encouraged to complete a minor. Most courses within minors would be acceptable but must be approved if taken independently of a structured minor.
- ABC182 - Automotive Aero-enhancements
- BWM150 - Introduction to Web Page Development
- BWM254 - Advanced Web Design Practices
- BWM456 - Device Development
- CET243 - Strength of Materials
- CIT212 - Gaming and Simulation 3D Modeling
- DSG323 - Design Statics and Strength of Materials
- MKT330 - Advertising
- OCT121 - Analysis of Movement
- PPT140 - Sustainable Materials
- PPT235 - Injection Molding
- PPT340 - Plastic Part Design