Dining Plan Options
Board and Block Plans
Board plans guarantee a student a set amount of meals (19, 14, 10, or 5 per week, Sunday-Saturday). These plan comes with $300 flex and 5 guest meals. Meals reset every Sunday morning. Unused meals do not carry from week-to-week and will not be refunded at the end of the semester.
A block plan gives a student 50 board meals for the semester. This plans also comes with $200 flex and 5 guest meals. Unused meals will not be refunded at the end of the semester.
Both the board and block plans are accepted for meals at CC Commons, Capitol Eatery, Keystone Dining Room, Nature's Cove, and Penn Central.
One meal may be used per hour. Flex dollars can be used to purchase additional items during that hour time period.
You may not feed others with your meal plan. Guest meals and flex dollars can be used in this instance. Guest meals cannot be used by the account holder for themselves
All resident students MUST select a board plan as part of their housing contract. First-year resident students may select a 19- or 14-meal board plan. Returning resident students may select a 19-, 14-, or 10-meal board plan.
Declining Balance Plans
Students may set aside funds for purchasing food on campus using a declining balance system that automatically deducts the amount of each purchase from the student's account. The amount of purchase and balance remaining in the account is shown on the student's purchase receipt.
Any item may be purchased from our dining units and select vending machines with declining balance dollars.
2017-2018 Proposed Dining Plan Rates
- 19 Meal Board Plan: $2,442
- 14 Meal Board Plan: $2,018
- 10 Meal Board Plan: $1,804
- 5 Meal Commuter Board Plan: $1,088
- 50 Meal Block Plan: $536
- $500 Declining Balance
- $300 Declining Balance
- $100 Declining Balance
*the above proposed rates are estimates for planning purposes; final rates will be approved by the Board of Directors in June 2017.
What We Recommend
All off-campus and commuter students should invest in a dining plan. We recommend either the 50-meal Block Plan or the 5-meal Commuter Board Plan.
Declining Balance Plans
These plans are a great way to set money aside. These funds can ONLY be used for food or those items found in our dining units or vending machines on campus.
All resident students must select a board plan as outlined in their housing contract.
Important Dining Plan Dates
Fall Semester 2017
Aug12All dining plans begin with breakfast
Board meals not available
Dec8All dining plans end for semester at close of business
Spring Semester 2018
Jan6All dining plans begin after 4 p.m.
Board meals cannot be used
Board meals not available
May4 All dining plans end for semester at close of business
Board and Block Plans can be used at the following units to purchase the options listed below. Substitutions are not permitted. Only one meal may be used per hour.
This dining unit is an all-you-care-to-eat (buffet style) facility. Student will have a board meal subtracted from their account as they enter. There is no take-out option at this unit.
Students may choose for their meal one Made-To-Order item, one side, and one 16 oz. beverage.
Keystone Dining Room
Students may make one trip through the line and get those items they want to eat for that meal. Any item may be included as part of the board meal with the following guidelines:
- Up to two entree portions from STEAMERS entree station can be used towards a board meal.
- All other packaged items, including bottled water, with a manufacturers bar code must be purchased with flex dollars and are not part of a meal.
- There is NO SHARING OF MEALS. Guest meals and flex dollars can be used in these instances. Guest meals cannot be used by the account holder for themselves.
If a student will not be eating in the dining unit, one to-go container will be rung as a board meal. A meal consists of:
- One of the following: entree, grill sandwich, large salad, bowl of soup, deli sandwich, wrap, or hoagie
- Two sides
- Fountain beverage, milk, coffe, or bottled water
All of the following options come with ONE of the following drink choices: bottled spring water, any size coffee, any size fountain drink, half pint of milk, or hot chocolate packet.
- Bagel with cream cheese or cinnamon roll; piece of fruit
- Two items from the hot table (pizza or breadsticks); piece of fruit or cookie or bag of chips
- Dozen boneless wings with blue cheese and celery
- One Grab n Go sandwich or salad; piece of fruit or cookie or bag of chips
Nature's Cove - Breakfast
All of the following options come with ONE of the following drink choices: coffee (16 oz.), any size fountain soda, 16 oz. dispenser milk, or juice cup.
- Any breakfast sandwich; piece of fruit or hash brown
- Two eggs; piece of fruit or hash brown
- Bagel with cream cheese; piece of fruit
- One pancake; piece of fruit or hash brown
- One cereal container with dispenser milk; piece of fruit
- Sausage gravy and biscuits; piece of fruit or hash brown
Nature's Cove - Lunch
All of the following options come with ONE of the following drink choices: coffee (16 oz.), any size fountain soda, 16 oz. dispenser milk, or juice cup..
- Hoagie or sandwich or wrap; piece of fruit or fries or bag of chips
- Special of the day; piece of fruit or side
- Bowl of soup; piece of fruit or fries or bag of chips
- Salad; piece of fruit or fries or bag of chips
Dining Services reserves the right to inspect any packages, coats, bags, purses, etc., brought into the dining area.
All inspections will be done in a reasonable manner (as determined by Dining Services) and in compliance with all applicable College policies.
Purchasing a Dining Plan
If you will be living in college-owned housing, your dining plan was selected as part of your housing contract and will automatically be added to your tuition bill. Requests to change your dining plan board option must be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include student name, ID number, current plan, and the plan you wish to change to (19 or 14).
Students who will not be living in college-owned housing can request a Fall 2017 meal plan starting June 19, 2017 through the SIS. Your dining plan will be added to your tuition bill.
A valid Penn College ID card is required for use of your dining plan. Your account information is stored on the magnetic stripe on the back of your card. You present your ID card to the Dining Services cashier, who will swipe the card to transfer purchases to your dining plan account.
You are responsible to protect the security of your card. ID cards are nontransferable; you may not "lend out" your card to others. Cards that are used by someone other than the cardholder will be confiscated; and disciplinary action may be taken.
Lost or stolen cards should be reported immediately to Dining Services. This can be done on the SIS, through the GET app, or by calling 570-327-4767.
You can check your account history and current balance on the SIS, through the GET app, or by stopping into the Dining Services office.
Add-ons to an existing account can be done anytime throughout the semester. Additions can be made with a credit card through the SIS or through the GET app. You may also stop by the Dining Services Office to add funds to your plan.
- Flex dollars (minimum $25) - option available for Board Plan account holders only.
- Declining balance dollars - option available to Declining Balance Plan account holders only.
Declining Balance Plans
Balances at the end of the spring semester will be refunded if the Declining Balance account has more than $10.
Board Plan Flex Dollars
Unused flex dollars will only be refunded at the end of each semester, if additional funds were added to the account during the semester and if the account has more than $10.
Declining Balance meal plans refunds will be processed at the end of the spring semester by the method you selected when you activated your BankMobile Disbursements Personal Code. For more information about the refund process, visit the Bursar's Office Refund FAQs Web page.
Summer Meal Plans
During the summer months, Dining Services offers a $50 declining balance meal plan.
- Bookmarks Cafe, 8 a.m.-1 p.m. (M-Th)
- Keystone Dining Room, 8 a.m.-1 p.m. (M-Th); 8 a.m.-10:30 a.m. (F)