Penn College Dining Services strives to provide each of our guests with accurate information on potential food allergens. These allergens include: eggs, fish, milk, peanuts, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat. It is important to note:
- Our menu items may contain, or may have come in contact with, potential allergens.
- Dining Services does not have allergen-free or gluten-free kitchens, but concentrated efforts are made to try to eliminate cross contamination. "Gluten-friendly" refers to an item that is gluten free, however, is prepared in an environment that may contain gluten.
- Food manufacturers may change their product formulation or manner of processing without our knowledge. Because of the potential for substitute ingredients, with or without our knowledge, we cannot guarantee our products are completely free of any potential allergens.
- Penn College will assume no liability for reactions to food/beverages consumed at any dining facility.
- Any guest who dines with us is encouraged to contact one of our managers to make sure there is a clear understanding of their needs. Guests may consult a member of the Dining Services management team for additional assistance or email questions to email@example.com.
Nutrition and Wellness
Menu Identification Tags
Tags are found by all prepared foods in each of the dining units and indicate the type of food, ingredients, allergens, vegetarian, heart healthy, vegan, and Smart Choice.
NetNutrition contains information about food allergens and nutrition for all dining units online. Nutritional content of food may change with addition of condiments and/or modifications to recommended portion sizes
Rebecca Pawlik, R.D., L.D.N. is our registered dietitian.You can arrange individual diet counseling appointments for healthy eating, food allergies, special diets, weight loss or gain, eating disorders, and sport nutrition. Nutrition counseling is free for students.
Recipe Standards & Availability
We use canola oil in recipes requiring salad or vegetable oil
Our tuna is packed in water
We do not add MSG to any recipe (some recipe items may already contain MSG)
Items containing allergens are clearly labeled
We use gluten-free soy sauce in recipes
Vegetarian and Meat options available at every meal
Vegan dishes available
Several milk options available (Low-fat, Whole, Lactaid, Soy, Almond)
We serve low-fat cottage cheese and yogurt
- NetNutrition – Menu item nutritional information for all Penn College dining units
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- ChooseMyPlate.gov - a great resource for nutrition information on each food group, plus exercise and physical activity information and tips
- The Cupboard - On-campus food pantry targeted to assist Penn College students, and their families, who are struggling with food insecurities - firstname.lastname@example.org.