Do I have to choose a certain dining plan if I live in a Residence Hall?

Yes. Students living in a residence hall select a dining plan as part of the housing contract. First year resident students may select from the 19- or 14- meal board plan. Returning resident students who have lived in college-owned housing for two full semesters may choose from a 19-, 14-, or 10- meal board plan.

When can I start to use my Dining Plan?

Meal plans will begin on the Saturday before classes start.

Where can I use my Meal Plan card?

The Meal Plan card can be used in any of our dining units, and in the student-operated restaurant, Le Jeune Chef. The money in your meal plan account can ONLY be used to purchase food in our dining units and all items in our convenience stores. For more information on how to use your board meals, please visit our dining plan page.

Can I take money out of my Dining Plan account?

No, that money has been set aside strictly for food or those items in our convenience stores, or vending machines across campus.

Can I use financial aid to purchase a Dining Plan?

Yes. The best way to do this is through the SIS system under Optional Charges. This allows us to apply your financial aid to the Dining Plan and it automatically puts any Dining Plan charges on your tuition bill. We also accept Dining Plan applications in our office (LEC/A137) during the first two weeks of classes.

Can I switch my Dining Plan?

The best time to switch your dining plan is between semesters or just prior to the start of each semester. Plan changes must be made during the first week of the semester and will be decided on a case-by-case basis.

What does the average meal cost?

This depends on which dining service area you are patronizing. The average cost for hot entrees at CC Commons or the Keystone Dining Room ranges from $5 - $7.75. Most meals are a la carte style, so costs vary. A dinner buffet meal at Capitol Eatery is $12.

What options are there for vegetarians?

Keystone Dining Room & Capitol Eatery have a salad bar, veggie burgers, veggie hoagies, and several hot vegetarian entrees such as baked ziti, vegetable stir fry, macaroni and cheese, and soup. Other dining service areas also have salads, soups and vegetarian alternatives.

What is GET?

Mobile and online ordering is easy at Penn College with GET. Download the free GET app from the App store or Google Plan or visit GET online to set up an account. Once you are registered with GET, you can order food from CC Commons, Wrapture, Capitol Eatery, and CC Aviation. GET also provides users the ability to check dining account balances, add funds to accounts and to report lost/found cards. 

What happens if my Declining Balance Meal Plan funds or Flex Dollars are running low?

Adding on to a meal plan is easy and convenient. Add-ons can be done through GET or on the SIS, with a credit card. 

What do I do if I lose my Meal Plan card?

Immediately report your lost or stolen card through the SIS by clicking on the Dining Plan / Membership link and the Report lost card button. You can also report your card lost or found through GET. Next, go to the ID Center in the Bush Campus Center to obtain a new card (a $10 charge may be applied).

Which plan should I choose if most of my classes are at the Earth Science Center or the Aviation Center?

Any dining plan will work for a student attending classes at the Earth Science Center or Aviation Center. Nature's Cove is our on-site dining facility at the Earth Science Center, and Aviation students are able to order lunch from CC Aviation using GET.

Are latex gloves used by our dining service employees?

No, only vinyl gloves are used due to latex allergies and sensitivities in our staff and students.

Can I use a credit or debit card in the dining units?

Yes. We accept credit and non-pin number debit cards at dining unit registers. Accepted cards include MasterCard, Visa, Discover. All registers also accept dining plans and cash.

Is there any assistance or nutritional counseling available if I have a food allergy or sensitivity?

Yes, we have a registered dietician on staff who is available by appointment to discuss any needs or concerns you may have. Visit the nutrition page to find out office hours and other information.

If you have any other questions please contact the Dining Services office at 570-327-4767.