All incoming Penn College students must meet the CDC and American College Health Association immunization guidelines prior to starting classes. (Penn College Health Services provides immunizations on a fee-for-service basis.)
All Penn College students must have the following required immunizations prior to starting classes.
- Based on recent Pennsylvania statute for educational institutions, you have five days to submit documentation. Penn College will evaluate compliance weekly.
- If you have a medical contraindication to any of Penn College's immunization requirements, submit a letter of explanation, signed by both you and your medical provider.
- Waiver forms are available to those students who have a strong personal objection to vaccination with one or more of the required vaccines. Please be aware that if a communicable disease outbreak occurs, those who are not properly vaccinated or have a waiver due to a personal or religious belief will be the first to be asked to leave campus for their own safety.
- For information about specific vaccinations, see the CDC vaccine information statements.
Required for all on-campus residents. Strongly recommended for all other students.
Measles, Mumps, and Rubella
All students born on or after January 1, 1957.
All students must have the basic primary series of three doses of Diphtheria and Tetanus Toxoid (DT or TD), usually given in infancy, and must have a Td or Tdap booster within the past 10 years.
All students must have a series of three Hepatitis B vaccinations (an initial dose, followed by a dose at 1-2 months and a dose at 4-6 months or later).
Varicella (Chicken Pox)
All students must have a history of Varicella (chicken pox) disease, or two doses of vaccine given at least one month apart.
Tuberculosis (TB) Screening (international students only)
All international students, arriving in the United States within the past five years, from countries with endemic Tuberculosis must meet Penn College's Tuberculosis (TB) screening (PPD skin testing, Quantiferon TB Gold or T-spot, and/or chest X-ray) requirement. This requirement is in keeping with current CDC guidelines.
- The Tuberculosis (TB) Screening Requirement (for international students) cannot be declined.
How to submit your immunization records?
|1||Log in to myHealth Online using your Penn College network username and password.|
|2||Select 'Immunizations' from the menu bar or 'To Do List'.|
|3||Scroll to the immunization record(s) you wish to submit and enter the date(s) the immunization was administered.|
|4||After ALL dates have been entered, click 'Submit'.|
Provide documentation of your immunization records. All records must include your full name, date of birth, and student ID number.
Through myHealth Online:
Select 'Upload' from the menu bar and follow the instructions.
If you receive an error when uploading documents, try the following:
If this does not resolve your issue, contact email@example.com with a detailed explanation of the problem you are experiencing.
Submitting to College Health Services:
If you are unable to upload your documentation throug myHealth Online, you may submit it to College Health Services via:
Documenation of your immunizations require the signature of your medical provider. You can download the forms below to take to your medical provider. (Medical provider forms are also accepted for documentation. Please ensure your full name, date of birth, and student ID number are on the forms.)