NSSC is a participating BPI Test Center that offers the written and field exams for all of the Home Energy Professional certifications. In addition, we offer training and curricula that align with the industry-accepted HEP Job Task Analysis (JTA) for all of the job classifications. All of NSSC’s Home Energy Professional training programs are IREC accredited under the IREC Standard 01023:2013.
Home Energy Professional Certification Exams
Prior to taking the exams, candidates must submit an application to BPI for approval. Please visit the Building Performance Institute’s website for the most up-to-date information on the HEP certifications and how to apply for approval.
Home Energy Professional Training Programs
The following document summarizes the training associated with each Home Energy Professional certification.
Individuals that wish to take coursework in a Home Energy Professional training program must complete a Home Energy Professional Training Program Application and submit to NSSC along with proof of completion for the prerequisite coursework. After your application has been approved by NSSC, you may enroll in training program courses.
Career Resources for Home Energy Professionals
Organizations Seeking to Hire a Home Energy Professional:
- Insulation and Weatherization Installer Technician – Home Energy and Comfort, LLC. To find out more and to apply, visit Home Energy and Comfort, LLC’s employment page.
- Insulation and Weatherization Crew Leader – Home Energy and Comfort, LLC. To find out more and to apply, visit Home Energy and Comfort, LLC’s employment page.
If your organization is seeking to hire a professional in the home energy upgrade field, contact NSSC to post your position on this page.
Looking for a job in the home energy upgrade field?
Email your resume to NSSC, and it will be shared with relevant organizations seeking to hire.
- A/E/C (Architecture, Engineering, Construction) & Green JOBS + Oil & Energy, Solar, Wind, Smart Grid
- Building Performance Institute, Inc.
- Building Science Community
- Consortium for Building Energy Innovation (CBEI)
- Efficiency First
- Energy Efficiency Professionals
- Energy Professionals
- Green Jobs & Career Network
- Home Energy Magazine
- RESNET BPI – Energy Audit and Home Performance
- Sustainability Professionals
- Women in Home Performance