Congratulations on choosing Pennsylvania College of Technology! The Admissions and Financial Offices are here to help you plan your educational future.

Step 1: After you apply for Admission

Survivors and Dependents

You may receive benefits based on your parent's service if he or she is 100% disabled or deceased as a result of military action. You may also receive educational benefits that were transferred to you from your parents while they were serving in the military. To apply, complete the online application.

Step 2: Financial Aid Information about payment of veterans' benefits

  • Submit "Application for VA Education Benefits," (if you did not already do this when you obtained your Certificate of Eligibility) to apply for veterans benefits (GI Bill®). To apply, complete the online application.
    • Military reservists:  Apply for Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA).
    • PA Army National Guards & Reserves: Apply for the Federal Educational Assistance Program (EAP) each year of semester, depending on the specific benefit.

    HINT: You need only submit your application for VA Education Benefits once. They remain in effect until they are exhausted. We recommend applying as early as possible before you begin your first semester, though you can apply at any time during your first year of enrollment.

  • Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible. This can even be done before you apply to Penn College. (Federal School Code: 003395).
    • In general, you do NOT need to report combat pay earnings on your FAFSA. However, if your combat pay was included in your Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) on your federal (IRS) tax return, you do need to report the amount in FAFSA Question 44e (Question 93e, for parents). The amount of your combat pay shows in Box 12, code Q, of your military W-2 form.

    HINT: You will need to complete and submit your FAFSA to be considered for grants and federal loans, along with any other financial aid available to veterans. Be sure to answer all questions pertaining to your veteran status and veterans education benefits.

  • PA National Guard: In addition to the GI Bill®, FAFSA, and Penn College's FAA, apply for Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA) from the GoArmyEd website, and for the Educational Assistance Program (EAP) through your Unit of Assignment.
    • Some education benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and the National Guard or Army Reserve can be combined. Contact Penn College's Coordinator of Veteran & Military Services for more information. You may also refer to the Education Benefit Rate Table to choose the benefit best for you.
  • Army Reserves: In addition to the GI Bill®, FAFSA, and Penn College's FAA, apply for Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA) from the GoArmyEd website.
  • Transferring financial aid to Penn College – Complete a Request for Change of Program or Place of Training form.
    Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant and Federal Work-Study awards cannot be transferred to Penn College. Your financial eligibility will be determined upon completion of the financial aid process.
  • Submit a Penn College Scholarship Application each year of your enrollment. In addition to the more general scholarships, some Penn College scholarships are specifically for veterans or active military.
  • Many non-Penn College Scholarships are available to veterans/military. Each has its own deadline and submission criteria.

Step 3: Military Credits / Prior Learning Assessment

  • Advanced Credit for Military Training – If you have completed advanced courses or educational experiences as part of military training, you may be eligible for advanced credit through transcript evaluation, testing, and/or competency assessment. To translate military service into college credit, a Joint Services Transcript (JST) or Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) transcript is required.

    HINT: Transcript requests are made to Joint Services Transscipt (JST). Contact the Coordinator of Veteran & Military Services for assistance in obtaining your military transcripts.

  • Fitness Elective Credit for Basic Training – If you have completed military basic training within the past ten years, you may be eligible to receive a fitness elective credit.
    ROTC cadets may also be eligible for a fitness credit by submitting a JST to Penn College's Admissions Office.

    NOTE: Not all military experience can be translated into college credit. Requests for additional credit are handled on a case-by-case basis, and should be directed to the department head for fitness and lifetime sports or the dean of the School of Nursing & Health Sciences.

  • Transferring previous college credits – If you have previous college credits that you wish to transfer from another institution, ensure that your official transcripts are forwarded to Penn College's Admissions Office for evaluation toward your degree.

Contact information

Pennsylvania College of Technology
DIF 108

One College Avenue
Williamsport, PA 17701

Pennsylvania College of Technology
DIF 119

One College Avenue
Williamsport, PA 17701