We believe every eligible student deserves an opportunity to receive a college education. That’s why we offer open and rolling admission. Show proof of eligibility, and you’ll be accepted to Penn College. Learn more about what eligibility documents are required for different students below.

That’s it? That’s right!

  • No essays.
  • No referrals.
  • No SATs.
  • No needless nail biting.
High School Students

Ask your school counselor to submit your current high school transcript. After you graduate, submit your official, final transcript with proof of graduation date.

Adult Learners

Ask your former high school to submit your official, final transcript with proof of graduation date.

If you completed a GED, submit your official GED transcript confirming receipt of a state diploma. You can obtain your official GED transcript through the Department of Education in the state from which your GED was received. In Pennsylvania, use www.diplomasender.com.

Home-Schooled Students

Students from the state of Pennsylvania may show proof of graduation through one of three ways, from:

  • a diploma-granting organization authorized by the Pennsylvania Department of Education; or
  • a letter from your local school district administrator confirming you have met requirements for graduation; or
  • a standardized diploma form created by the Pennsylvania Department of Education signed by your twelfth grade third-party evaluator and/or a transcript created by your supervisor (your transcript must include a graduation date and original signatures from your supervisor and twelfth grade third-party evaluator).

Proof of graduation for students from outside the state of Pennsylvania will be evaluated based on the requirements specific to their state legislation.

Transfer Students

Ask all previously attended college(s) to send your official transcript(s) to the Admissions Office at Penn College. An official transcript must come directly from the previous college(s) to Penn College – not from you. If you’re still enrolled at another college or university, we’ll just need a current transcript when you apply and an official, final transcript reflecting all coursework completed and your earned degree (if applicable) before you enroll. If you have not completed an associate’s degree or higher at the time of application to Penn College, then we will also need your high school or GED transcript showing proof of graduation.

International Students
  • Your official secondary (and postsecondary, if you have studied previously at another postsecondary institution) school records must be evaluated by an organization recognized by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. Your official records and official evaluation should be sent directly to Penn College from the evaluation service – not from you. If you studied previously at an institution in the U.S., please request that institution to send your official transcript(s) directly to Penn College.
  • Demonstration of English language proficiency, through one of the following ways:
    • A score of 68 or higher on the TOEFL iBT. Official scores should be sent directly from ETS to Penn College (ID# 2989).
    • A band score of 6.0 or higher on IELTS, academic version. Official scores should be sent directly from the testing service to Penn College.
    • 24 credits of academic (not English preparatory or vocational) course work with a minimum overall GPA of 2.0 or higher (on a 4.0 scale) completed within the immediate prior 24-month period at a regionally accredited U.S. college or university.
    • SAT Reading score of 23 or higher and Writing and Language score of 28 or higher (on SAT taken in March 2016 or later) or SAT Critical Reading score of 420 or higher and a Writing sub-score of 6 or higher (on SAT taken prior to March 2016).
    • A diploma from a secondary or postsecondary school in a country where English is the official language and was the language of instruction while you were attending.
  • If you are planning to study on an F-1 student visa, we will need a letter of financial commitment from your financial guarantor confirming sponsorship for one academic year (nine months), payable to Penn College. Students not sponsored by a government or corporate entity must also submit an official financial/bank statement provided on behalf of the financial guarantor showing minimum required funds dated within the previous six months. For the 2019-2020 academic year, the minimum funds required is 37,262 USD.
  • Complete Penn College’s placement test requirements. All international students must meet placement requirements before an offer of acceptance can be made.
  • Submit a copy of your passport. You may scan and email a copy to admissions@pct.edu.
Veteran & Military students

In addition to the documents needed for Penn College enrollment you will also need to submit documents pertaining to your service and benefit type.

Veterans and currently serving members will need to submit their most recent DD214 (member 4 copy), and a copy of the Certificate of Eligibility (COE) for their specific education Benefit. An official copy of your Joint Service Transcripts (JST) should also be submitted.

Additionally currently serving members need to submit a copy of their enlistment contract, Kicker contract and Notice of Basic Eligibility.

Family members using VA education Benefits need only submit the Certificate of Eligibility (COE) for their specific education Benefit.

Contact information

Pennsylvania College of Technology
DIF 119

One College Avenue
Williamsport, PA 17701