Assistant Professor, Diesel Equipment Technology
- 570.320.2400 ext. 3519
- ESC, Rm.149
Joseph Straw has been associated with the heavy equipment industry since 1979. On completing his initial studies in the Heavy Equipment program at Williamsport Area Community College, he immediately went to work for a multi-line Construction Equipment distributor in Northeastern PA.
In 1983 Straw returned to college to earn an engineering degree.
In 1988 Straw joined a British based manufacturer of construction equipment serving in several positions during his twelve year tenure there.
Straw joined Penn College as an adjunct instructor in the Fall 2002 and became a full-time member of the faculty in the Fall of 2003.
- M.S., Education, Wilkes University
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Pennsylvania State University
- A.E., Mechanical Engineering, Pennsylvania State University
- Certificate, Service and Operation of Heavy Equipment, Williamsport Area Community College
- Trade Competency, Heavy Equipment, Pennsylvania State University
- Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)