Program Educational Objectives
Program Educational Objectives describe the career and professional accomplishments that graduates, after several years of experience, are prepared to achieve.
The educational objectives of the Civil Engineering Technology program are:
- Technical Adeptness - Graduates will be technically adept in Civil Engineering Technology as well as supporting math and science disciplines, allowing these graduates to assist professional civil engineers in planning, design, and construction of projects. Their technical skills and knowledge will enable them to perform their work duties with a commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement.
- Interpersonal Skills - Graduates will exhibit appropriate interpersonal skills as demonstrated by effectively working on teams and effectively communicating in the workplace.
- Professionalism - Graduates will exhibit an interest in lifelong learning.
- Awareness of Societal Impact - Graduates will be aware of their professional and ethical responsibilities, including a respect for diversity.
Program Goals/Student Outcomes
- apply knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve well-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline.
- design solutions for well-defined technical problems and assist with the engineering design of systems, components, or processes appropriate to the discipline.
- apply written, oral, and graphical communication in well-defined technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature.
- conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and analyze and interpret the results.
- function effectively as a member of a technical team.
Enrollment and Graduation Data
|Academic Year||Total Enrollment