"Welcome to the ESL program at Penn College. If you are looking for friends, future, and learning experiences, you are looking at the right place!"
– Silawat Kaewpijit, Thailand, Automotive Technology
The ESL credit program prepares students to improve their English in order to successfully participate in college classes and community situations. It offers three levels of instruction intended for students who have already acquired some English communications skills and are seeking enrollment in a Penn College major.
A credit-based ESL program provides these benefits to international, degree-seeking students who wish to enroll in one of the College's academic majors:
International picnic provides opportunity
for students to get to know each other,
faculty and staff.
- Applicants need only one application, fee, and verification process to enroll and receive an I-20 document.
- Applicants enroll directly as Penn College students.
- Accepted students are considered regular, full-time students upon receipt of tuition and fees payment, making them eligible to:
- Live in on-campus housing;
- Access campus services such as counseling, health services, library, and tutoring;
- Participate in student organizations and extra- and co-curricular activities, such as clubs and athletics;
- Take other credit courses (with adviser approval) that meet graduation requirements.
These benefits strengthen the students' experience and provide increased opportunities to accelerate acquisition of language and communication skills.