The Mission of the school of Construction & Design Technologies is to provide students with the resources and learning opportunities that will prepare them for employment in their chosen field of study, enhance their life skills, and foster a positive attitude toward lifelong learning. Our strategies for implementation are strengthened by our commitment to hands-on learning, innovative teaching practices that focus on student learning, and staying abreast of evolving technologies and industry standards.
- Create laboratory environments that practice real world skill sets and provide true-to-industry experiences
- Provide student -focused learning activities and opportunities both on and off campus
- Provide programmatic events that aid in the academic success of first year students and promote positive progression through subsequent semesters
- Contribute to the community and economic landscape by incorporating high standards and ethical behaviors into the curriculum and updating the curriculum to reflect current practices
- Provide optimal service to institutional stakeholders such as students, parents and other departments. Promote communication between faculty and industry representatives
- Provide the required educational experiences while efficiently utilizing personnel, materials and space. Support and encourage professional development efforts for both faculty and staff
- Promote an environment of continuous improvement where decisions are based on assessment and other forms of data as provided by the faculty, advisory board members, administration and other industry representatives