Program Educational Objectives
Program Educational Objectives describe the career and professional accomplishments that graduates, after several years of experience, are prepared to achieve.
The educational objectives of the Civil Engineering Technology program are:
- Technical Adeptness - Graduates will be technically adept in Civil Engineering Technology as well as supporting math and science disciplines, allowing these graduates to design manage, and construct civil engineering projects. Their technical skills and knowledge will enable them to perform their work duties with a commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement.
- Interpersonal Skills - Graduates will exhibit appropriate interpersonal skills as demonstrated by effectively working on teams and effectively communicating in the workplace.
- Professionalism - Graduates will exhibit a professional work ethic, and an interest in lifelong learning.
- Awareness of Societal Impact - Graduates will be aware of how their professional role will impact the societal/ global community and demonstrate an appreciation for diversity.
Program Goals/Student Outcomes
- select and apply the knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools to broadly defined civil engineering technology activities.
- select and apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to civil engineering technology problems that require the application of principles and applied procedures or methodologies.
- conduct standard tests and measurements; conduct, analyze, and interpret experiments; and apply experimental results to improve processes.
- design systems, components, or processes for broadly defined civil engineering technology problems.
- function effectively as a member or leader on a technical team.
- identify, analyze, and solve broadly defined civil engineering technology problems.
- develop an ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in both technical and non-technical environments, as well as an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature.
- understand the need for and engage in self-directed, continuing professional development.
- demonstrate an understanding of and a commitment to professional and ethical responsibilities, including a respect for diversity.
- understand the impact of civil engineering technology solutions in a societal and global context.
- exhibit a commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement.
Enrollment and Graduation Data
|Academic Year||Total Enrollment
Enrollment Fall Semester