Work-based learning experiences provide students a means to integrate classroom learning with practical job experience. While not required in all programs, students are encouraged to explore work-based learning opportunities whenever they are available via internships, practicum, or clinical experiences. These may be for credit or noncredit, paid or unpaid, and occur within a variety of timelines and at a range of locations.
Because these experiences closely align to curriculum, the details of these experiences are managed through the respective academic schools (listed below). Career Services can provide guidance to employers wishing to engage our students in work-based learning experiences as well as to students by connecting them with appropriate contacts by program.
- School of Business & Hospitality
- School of Construction & Design Technologies
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Industrial, Computing & Engineering Technologies
- School of Sciences, Humanities & Visual Communications
- School of Transportation & Natural Resources Technologies
Unsure of what school your program area is in? Visit our listing of program areas by schools.