This major provides students with a comprehensive learning experience that prepares them to assume entry-level management responsibility in the dynamic field of hospitality. Building on a strong business core and practical experience in the College’s fine-dining restaurant, Le Jeune Chef, the curriculum enables students to select courses from a diverse pool of electives. Students choose to develop specialized skills aligned with individual career aspirations, including event planning, food and beverage operations, and advanced business and management skills.
About the curriculum
View the classes you will be attending in the College Catalog.
Accreditation & Industry Connections
Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Programs in Hospitality Administration (ACPHA).
Event planner, guest services manager, dining room supervisor, front office supervisor, banquet manager, assistant food and beverage manager, and maitre d'hotel.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual wage for lodging managers was $51,840 in May 2016. The top 10 percent earned more than $96,570.
Industries with the highest published employment for this occupation are:
|Industry||Employment||Hourly mean wage||Annual mean wage|
|RV (Recreational Vehicle) Parks and Recreational Camps||1,150||$24.42||$50,790|
|Management of Companies and Enterprises||710||$47.39||$98,570|
|Rooming and Boarding Houses||280||$27.60||$57,410|
|Activities Related to Real Estate||210||$29.89||$62,180|
Statistics reported in May 2016
Read more about the required internship.
This major is subject to the transfer standards established by the College. Exceptions must be approved by the school dean.
Tools, Uniforms & Supplies
Tool List & Uniform Policy
Uniforms and tools are available for purchase through The College Store.
Clubs & Activities
American Culinary Federation
Penn College Diners' Club
Phi Theta Kappa (ΦΘΚ)
Student Government Association (SGA)
Hospitality Advisory Committee
- Ms. Patricia Clark Paulhamus, Assistant Director Nutritional Services, Evangelical Community Hospital
- Ms. Diana G Cox, District Manager, Sodexo Senior Services
- Mr. Francis A Daniele, Chef/Owner, Joanna's Italian Bakery
- Mr. Michael R Davis, CEC, Culinary Director, Susquehanna Health - Aramark
- Ms. Diane L Dorner, District Supervisor, Carrols Corporation
- Mr. Robert Engle, Jr., Owner/Operator, Catherman's Home Made Candy & Extraordinary Cakes & Pastries, LLC
- Mr. James M Fry
- Mr. Paul Geisz, Owner, Village Tavern Restaurant & Inn
- Ms. Carla Kline, Certified Dietary Manager
- Mr. Thomas A Kowalcyk, Executive Chef, Toftrees Hotel and Golf Resort
- Ms. Samantha Liedtka-Gundlach, Owner, Samantha's Kitchen
- Mr. George Logue, III, Co-owner/Chef, Herman & Luther's
- Ms. Heather Luse, Executive Pastry Chef, Pennsylvania State University
- Mr. Kevin Nash
- Mr. Kristan T Patterson, Chief Artisan Baker, Penn State University Bakery
- Mr. Charles L Persun, Sous Chef, Wegmans
- Mr. James W Purdum, CHA, Retired (PSU)
Advisory committees, which act as recommending bodies to the faculty and administration, consist of in-field professionals who act as partners in the development of curriculum. Their curricular and equipment advice as well as their industry connections and internship opportunities are invaluable to our students and to the growth of our institution.
Schedule a tour
Meet with Admissions, tour the labs of your intended major, explore campus, and more during an Academic School Tour.
Saturday, February 24
Wednesday, March 14
Saturday, April 7
Wednesday, April 25