The Business Management curriculum offers students the skills needed to prepare for a career in management-related fields. Students develop skills in effective decision making, problem solving, organizing, and planning.
This major is also available online.
About the curriculum
View the classes you will be attending in the College Catalog.
Accreditation & Industry Connections
The Accounting and Business programs have been accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Entry-level management trainee positions in manufacturing, retailing, banking, insurance, marketing, and government.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual wage for first-line supervisors of retail sales workers was $38,550 in May 2017. The top 10 percent earned more than $66,120.
Industries with the highest published employment for this occupation are:
|Industry||Employment||Hourly mean wage||Annual mean wage|
|General Merchandise Stores||247,510||$19.43||$40,410|
|Food and Beverage Stores (4451 and 4452 only)||156,000||$20.54||$42,720|
|Building Material and Supplies Dealers||91,310||$21.69||$45,120|
Statistics reported in May 2017
This major is subject to the transfer standards established by the College. Exceptions must be approved by the school dean.
Clubs & Activities
Phi Theta Kappa (ΦΘΚ)
Student Government Association (SGA)
Student-managed Investment Fund
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
Delta Mu Delta
Business Administration Advisory Committee
- Eric J Bergstrom, Ph.D., Senior Consultant, CCI Consulting
- Mr. Robbie Cross, CEO, Equinox Ltd.
- Mr. Chris W Frantz, Executive Director of Marketing & Sales, Savoy Contract Furniture
- Mr. Mickey C Locey, President/Co-founder, mXtr Automation
- Ms. Valerie Reynolds, Owner, My Way Media
- Ms. Betsy Rider, Proprietor, Otto Book Store
- Mr. Samuel R Ryder, Vice President - Business Banking, First National Bank
- Mr. Charles Santangelo, CPA, FHFMA, Executive Vice President/Chief Financial Officer, Susquehanna Health
- Mr. Nathan Snavely, Owner/President, Nathan Snavely Agency
- Mr. Ray Thompson, President, Supply Source Inc.
Advisory committees, which act as recommending bodies to the faculty and administration, consist of in-field professionals who act as partners in the development of curriculum. Their curricular and equipment advice as well as their industry connections and internship opportunities are invaluable to our students and to the growth of our institution.