Prepare to navigate the ever-changing landscape of the business world with a degree in business administration: management concentration.
The online business administration: management concentration degree gives you the flexibility needed to balance your work, school, and home life. You’ll have 24/7 access to course materials, giving you the freedom to work from anywhere at any time.
As an online business administration: management concentration student, you’ll learn:
Supervisory and management skills. Curriculum focuses on the legal, behavioral, ethical, and interpersonal aspects of business, preparing you for supervisory and management positions.
Strategic management processes. Gain the tools needed to analyze the current business environment and make recommendations on preferred courses of action to increase efficiency, effectiveness, and productivity.
Solid business core. You’ll gain extensive knowledge of the functional areas of marketing, finance, accounting, and management.
Communication skills. Learn how to communicate, integrate, and create information using information systems, quantitative analysis, and financial modeling.
Theory and practice. Curriculum integrates theory and practice, giving students a solid understanding of economic, legal, behavior, and ethical business aspects.
Why choose an online degree?
- Accessible online anywhere in the world
- Flexible scheduling – take classes on a part-time or full-time basis
- Continue to work and be at home with your family
- Transfer-friendly programs shorten time to complete your degree
- In-state tuition rate for all students, regardless of residency
- Same rigor as on-campus programs
- Regional accreditation plus professional accreditations by program (e.g., ACBSP, ATMAE, CAHIIM, CODA)
- One-on-one interaction with faculty
- Online tutoring
- Textbooks and course materials available for purchase online through The College Store
- Graduates can participate in Commencement
- Classes delivered asynchronously through P.L.A.T.O. (Platform for Learning And Teaching Online)
- No required campus visits
- Application/Major Code: BMD – view in catalog
- School: Business & Hospitality
- Degree Type: Bachelor of Science (B.S.)
- Total Credits: 121
Out-of-State Resident Tuition
- Starting fall 2017, any out-of-state student enrolled in an online degree program will receive the in-state tuition rate.
About the curriculum
View the classes you will be attending in the College Catalog.
Accreditation & Industry Connections
The Accounting and Business programs have been accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Graduates have employment opportunities in a wide variety of supervisory/management positions, including administrative services, first-line supervisors, industrial production and manufacturing, and purchasing managers, buyers, and agents. Most of our graduates are employed with locally owned firms, including family businesses. Opportunities to participate in a “Study Abroad” program in Germany afford graduates the skills and abilities to seek positions with multi-national corporations, and internship opportunities with a business of the student’s choice further increases a graduate's marketability.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual wage for administrative services managers was $90,050 in May 2016. The top 10 percent earned more than $159,330.
Industries with the highest published employment for this occupation are:
|Industry||Employment||Hourly mean wage||Annual mean wage|
|Local Government (OES Designation)||19,970||$45.43||$94,500|
|Management of Companies and Enterprises||18,560||$54.28||$112,910|
|Colleges, Universities, and Professional Schools||14,740||$45.95||$95,580|
|General Medical and Surgical Hospitals||12,470||$50.37||$104,770|
|Elementary and Secondary Schools||11,910||$43.86||$91,220|
Statistics reported in May 2016
Read more about the recommended internship.
All transfer credits will be evaluated on a course-by-course basis to determine where they would fit into the curriculum sequence. Students must have earned a grade of 'C' or better in courses transferred into the B.S.
Clubs & Activities
Alpha Chi (ΑΧ)
Delta Mu Delta (ΔΜΔ)
Student Government Association (SGA)
Student-managed Investment Fund
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
Business Administration Advisory Committee
- Eric J Bergstrom, Ph.D., Senior Consultant, CCI Consulting
- Mr. Robbie Cross, CEO, Equinox Ltd.
- Mr. Chris W Frantz, Executive Director of Marketing & Sales, Savoy Contract Furniture
- Mr. Mickey C Locey, President/Co-founder, mXtr Automation
- Ms. Valerie Reynolds, Owner, My Way Media
- Ms. Betsy Rider, Proprietor, Otto Book Store
- Mr. Samuel R Ryder, Vice President - Business Banking, First National Bank
- Mr. Charles Santangelo, CPA, FHFMA, Executive Vice President/Chief Financial Officer, Susquehanna Health
- Mr. Nathan Snavely, Owner/President, Nathan Snavely Agency
- Mr. Ray Thompson, President, Supply Source Inc.
Advisory committees, which act as recommending bodies to the faculty and administration, consist of in-field professionals who act as partners in the development of curriculum. Their curricular and equipment advice as well as their industry connections and internship opportunities are invaluable to our students and to the growth of our institution.