The competency credential in Dining Room Service provides students with basic skills in sanitary service practices, tableservice, and wine and beverage service.
About the curriculum
View the classes you will be attending in the College Catalog.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual wage for waiters and waitresses was $20,820 in May 2017. The top 10 percent earned more than $40,210.
Industries with the highest published employment for this occupation are:
|Industry||Employment||Hourly mean wage||Annual mean wage|
|Restaurants and Other Eating Places||2,118,070||$11.98||$24,930|
|Special Food Services||70,890||$13.54||$28,160|
|Other Amusement and Recreation Industries||69,060||$11.94||$24,840|
|Drinking Places (Alcoholic Beverages)||63,020||$11.51||$23,940|
Statistics reported in May 2017
Read more about the required internships.
Tools, Uniforms & Supplies
Tool List & Uniform Policy
Uniforms and tools are available for purchase through The College Store.
Clubs & Activities
American Culinary Federation - Pennsylvania West Branch Chapter
Penn College Diners' Club
Student Government Association (SGA)
Hospitality Advisory Committee
- Mr. Daniel R Dalton, Three Rivers Program Manager, Pennsylvania Association for Sustainable Agriculture
- Mr. Francis A Daniele, Chef/Owner, Joanna's Italian Bakery
- Ms. Diane L Dorner, '79, District Supervisor, Carrols Corporation
- Mr. James M Fry
- Mr. Drew Kendall, Chef, Wegmans
- Mr. Chris Kowalewski, Chief Growth Officer & Senior VP of Sales, Compass Group North America
- Ms. Samantha Liedtka-Gundlach, '10, Owner, Samantha's Kitchen
- Mr. George Logue, III, '10, Co-owner/Chef, Herman & Luther's
- Ms. Erin Oggier, Food and Beverage Manager & Event Coordinator, Lancaster Country Club
- Mr. Kristan T Patterson, Chief Artisan Baker, Penn State University Bakery
- Mr. Gary R Rice, President/Owner, Rice's Food Equipment & Consulting, Inc.
Advisory committees, which act as recommending bodies to the faculty and administration, consist of in-field professionals who act as partners in the development of curriculum. Their curricular and equipment advice as well as their industry connections and internship opportunities are invaluable to our students and to the growth of our institution.