Students learn the basics of responsive Web design using the current standards such as HTML coding, image editing, validation, cascading style sheets, and content management systems. Students will develop these skills using the most recent software applications on multiple platforms.
About the curriculum
View the classes you will be attending in the College Catalog.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual wage for web developers was $66,130 in May 2016. The top 10 percent earned more than $119,550.
Industries with the highest published employment for this occupation are:
|Industry||Employment||Hourly mean wage||Annual mean wage|
|Computer Systems Design and Related Services||27,870||$35.04||$72,890|
|Other Information Services||9,040||$36.99||$76,940|
|Advertising, Public Relations, and Related Services||6,830||$35.82||$74,510|
|Management, Scientific, and Technical Consulting Services||6,820||$33.67||$70,030|
|Management of Companies and Enterprises||6,370||$38.99||$81,090|
Statistics reported in May 2016
Clubs & Activities
Web & Interactive Media Advisory Committee
- Mr. James Carpenter, Director of Technology, MoJo Active Inc.
- Ms. Elizabeth Greenaway, Marketing and Communications Strategist, Mojo Active, Inc.
- Mr. Chris Legarski, Knowledge Engineer, Discory Machine Inc.
- Mr. John Parsons, Special Projects Manager/Database Analyst, Associated Press
- Mr. David Steele, Partner, Intrada Technologies, Inc.
- Mr. Joseph Tertel, Jr., Manager, eCommerce and Email Marketing, Rite Aid
Advisory committees, which act as recommending bodies to the faculty and administration, consist of in-field professionals who act as partners in the development of curriculum. Their curricular and equipment advice as well as their industry connections and internship opportunities are invaluable to our students and to the growth of our institution.
Schedule a tour
Meet with Admissions, tour the labs of your intended major, explore campus, and more during an Academic School Tour.
Saturday, February 24
Tuesday, March 13
Saturday, April 7
Tuesday, April 17