Hands-on opportunity is here. It’s who we are and it’s what we do best. It’s what it means to be real-world ready. Perfect your people skills and master marketing essentials. Lead and empower others through effective management strategies. Thanks to our on-campus casual fine dining restaurant, valuable learning experience is always on the table. From business and baking to mixology and management, our students see it all happen. They make it all happen too. Learning by doing and expanding their tomorrow today.
- We know food best. Our on-campus year-round Le Jeune Chef restaurant is the ideal place to learn.
- Get to know your wine.With over 500 labels in our award-winning restaurant, you’ll be an expert in no time.
- The talent is here. Learn from knowledgeable, passionate, and experienced faculty.
- Get hands on.Over 300 hours of relevant field experience and a 3:1 lab-to-lecture ratio means lots of time to refine your skills.
- Personalize your experience. With lots of elective options, you can customize the program to match personal interests.
- Live the campus life. Take advantage of the full scope of clubs, organizations, and activities.
About the curriculum
View the classes you will be attending in the College Catalog.
A wide variety of career opportunities are available for graduates of this new program. Job placement could take place in several segments of the hospitality industry such as: restaurants (independently owned and corporate enterprises), hotels, event management, resort and leisure segments, gaming and casinos, travel and tourism, wine and beverage sales and marketing, continuing care communities, and entrepreneurial endeavors.
Job titles include: restaurant manager, supervisor, customer service manager, maître d’ hotel, dining room manager, beverage manager, gaming & casino host, food and beverage manager, concierge, back office assistant, guest relations/services, Sommelier, hospitality business analyst, revenue management, franchise management.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual wage for lodging managers was $53,390 in May 2018. The top 10 percent earned more than $102,410.
Industries with the highest published employment for this occupation are:
|Industry||Employment||Hourly mean wage||Annual mean wage|
|RV (Recreational Vehicle) Parks and Recreational Camps||1,190||$25.01||$52,030|
|Management of Companies and Enterprises||520||$45.97||$95,610|
|Office Administrative Services||350||$37.49||$77,980|
|Rooming and Boarding Houses||210||$27.44||$57,080|
Statistics reported in May 2018
Read more about the recommended internship.
Transfer procedures will follow the general rules of the college.
Tools, Uniforms & Supplies
Tool List & Uniform Policy
Approved restaurant uniform for the Hospitality department. Additional uniform and or clothing may be required for internship experience and professional business environment.
Uniforms and tools are available for purchase through The College Store.
Clubs & Activities
American Culinary Federation
Penn College Diners' Club
Phi Theta Kappa (ΦΘΚ)
Student Government Association (SGA)
Business Administration Advisory Committee
- Mr. Chris W Frantz, '05, Executive Director of Marketing & Sales, Savoy Contract Furniture
- Ms. Alexandra M Lehman, '18, Event Management Specialist, Susquehanna University
- Mr. Mickey C Locey, '91, President/Co-founder, mXtr Automation
- Ms. Valerie Reynolds, Owner, My Way Media
- Mr. Samuel R Ryder, Vice President - Business Banking, First National Bank
- Mr. Gabe Sinicropi, Jr., Vice President Marketing & Public Relations, Williamsport Crosscutters
- Mr. Ray Thompson, President, Supply Source Inc.
- Mr. John Yogodzinski, III, '07, Executive Director/Board President, Arthaus Projects
Advisory committees, which act as recommending bodies to the faculty and administration, consist of in-field professionals who act as partners in the development of curriculum. Their curricular and equipment advice as well as their industry connections and internship opportunities are invaluable to our students and to the growth of our institution.