To exemplify and promote the development of excellence, opportunity, and leadership while emphasizing advanced technical culinary skills, a commitment to professional guest service, innovation, planning, and critical thinking.
- evaluate and co-ordinate a broad range of advanced cuisine and production techniques that incorporate sensory analysis, multi-cultural interests, dietary, gustatory and visual considerations.
- develop and appraise enhanced levels of craftsmanship in culinary specific specialty areas of butchery, charcuterie, modern food production trends and gastronomic expression.
- recognize, differentiate, and critique service philosophies that communicate to and identify sustainable food and beverage concepts to the customer target market expectations.
- formulate an integrative approach to supervision that exemplifies professional hospitality ethics, business communication, legal parameters, leadership, cultural diversity and learning philosophies.
- analyze, evaluate and construct a hospitality operations plan employing effective problem-solving techniques and creative and critical thinking while employing professional communication and assessing the factors involved in setting up and directing a food service establishment
- develop the construct of physical plant and structural systems for a sustainable hospitality operation by integrating current and evolving technologies and planning strategies for effective, efficient operation and safe maintenance.