The Academic Mentoring program helps students transition to and through the college process. Mentoring is customized to meet each student's needs and can range from two sessions to on-going meetings throughout the semester. Mentors are available to help students clarify goals, work on time management skills, and make connections to college resources.
Any student can benefit from having a mentor. Students who take advantage of the mentoring program will:
- receive guidance and support from a trained mentor;
- learn study strategies tailored to their needs to help them succeed in their major;
- discover how to balance school, work, and personal commitments;
- gain an awareness of available campus resources; and
- have a supportive "home base" throughout the first semester to graduation
Individual mentoring sessions may include, but are not limited to:
- Goal setting
- Time management
- Campus involvement and social adjustment
- Note taking and classroom expectations
- Reading textbooks
- Memorization and learning styles
- Test taking strategies
- Test anxiety
- Stress management
Current students can find additional information about Academic Montoring on the myPCT Portal.
"My Mentor was great! She made me feel like I had someone watching out for me here; as a new student that was important. Her periodic check ins through email were supportive and helpful."
"The Academic Mentoring I received here at Penn College was very helpful. I opened an email, saw a message from a mentor, and we talked and got me onto a schedule that would help me succeed and made me feel more confident about the class I was struggling in."
"Thank you so much for this semester. If it wasn’t for you I would not have passed this semester. You will definitely be seeing me again next semester because I know that you make us students believe in ourselves."
Penn College students