Dr. Davie Jane Gilmour
President of the College
Dr. Davie Jane Gilmour is the President of the Pennsylvania College of Technology. Penn College, a special mission campus of the Pennsylvania State University, is a national leader in applied technology education.
Dr. Gilmour joined the College in 1977 as an instructor and curriculum developer in the dental hygiene program. In 1983, she accepted the first of many administrative positions, which included coordinator of dental hygiene, division director for Health Sciences, and dean of instruction. In 1993, she became the College's highest-ranking academic officer—vice president for academic affairs, and in 1996, she assumed the position of vice president for academic affairs and provost. On May 4, 1998, Dr. Gilmour became president of Pennsylvania College of Technology.
She has earned her Ph.D. and M.S. degrees in health education from The Pennsylvania State University as well as a B.S. in dental hygiene education and an A.S. in dental hygiene from West Liberty State College. Prior to beginning her career in education, she was a dental hygienist for a number of Harrisburg area dentists.
She is married to Frederick T. Gilmour, a professional artist, retired College employee, and alumnus.
Community Affiliations and Professional Activities
- Little League International Board of Directors, Member
- UPMC Susquehanna Health Board, Vice Chair
- Community Arts Center Board of Directors, President
- Williamsport-Lycoming Chamber of Commerce Board; Served as Chairman for two terms, member of the Executive Committee and Board; Chair of Economic Community & Growth Corporation and Emerson Project
- Northeast Athletic Conference, Vice Chair of Presidents Council
- First Community Foundation Partnership of PA, Board Member
- Middles States Commission on Higher Education, Commissioner
Awards and recognition
- Lycoming County Brotherhood County USA 2002, Brotherhood Award, for outstanding leadership in promoting the cause of good will, and understanding among all the people of Lycoming County
- Celebration of Life Award, 2000 from State of Israel Bonds
- Wise Woman of the Year Award, 1999 by Williamsport YWCA
- Commander’s Award for Public Service, U.S. Department of the Army, 2013
- Williamsport/Lycoming Chamber of Commerce Volunteer of the Year, 2012