Looking towards the future
The Penn College Centennial is a once in a lifetime event, allowing us to celebrate where we've been, what we're doing now, but also make plans for another 100 years of excellence. As we look towards our next century, you and your student may also want to consider some future plans. Here are a few things to consider.
Where will my student be living next year?
Whether one looks to reside on campus or in the Williamsport community, Penn College aims to please, assisting students in exploring all desired options.
On Campus Housing – Applications Available Now!
The on-campus housing application process for current students wishing to reside on campus during the 2014-15 academic year began February 5. A limited number of spaces are available in on-campus housing for upper-class (returning) students and are awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Important dates for current students to be aware of are as follows:
- March 3 - 26: Timeframe for groups of four students, all of whom are of "assigned" status, to complete a request form to be assigned as a group.
- March 27 - 31: Pre-assignment for groups of four.
- April 1 - April 15: Online apartment selection for individual applicants (actual selection date is determined by the time and date the students completes the housing contract and pays the housing deposit).
In similar fashion, all new students entering fall 2014 desiring on-campus accommodations are invited to apply. Once again, a limited number of spaces are available and are awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis. The assignment process for new students begins in April, continuing throughout the summer.
The Off-Campus Living and Commuter Services Office serves as a resource for students who are living off-campus. Along with educating our off-campus students and providing programming to meet their needs we also offer a list of "approved" landlords and properties. We work with more than 35 landlords who meet specific requirements to be able to be our on approved list:
- They are located in our police patrol zone.
- They are inspected on a yearly basis by the Williamsport Bureau of Codes.
- They are renting exclusively to college students.
We hope that you will consider the above if your son or daughter is considering living off-campus. For additional information, contact Off-Campus Living and Commuter Services Office.
How can college be more affordable?
In anticipation of our centennial anniversary in 2014, Pennsylvania College of Technology launched The Penn College Scholarship Campaign in 2011, with the goal of increasing support for our students. As of today, this important fundraising initiative has resulted in more than $5.2 million in gifts, pledges, and planned gifts to our scholarship program. This additional support means that, beginning in 2014-15, the Penn College Foundation will be able to double the amount of scholarship support provided to students, compared with what we were able to provide before the campaign began. We are grateful for the vital role Penn College employees, alumni, friends, and parents have played in this campaign. Please encourage your Penn College student to apply for available scholarships. One application per year is all it takes! Learn more about The Penn College Scholarship Campaign.
How can I learn more about Penn College?
Save the date! We're bringing Penn College to you! Join representatives from Admissions, Financial Aid, Academic Affairs, Residence Life, and Student Life as we travel to your area to meet you and answer your questions.
This reception is an informal event at which accepted students and parents have the opportunity to meet other students who will be attending Penn College from their hometown. During the reception, time will be allowed for one-on-one questions with department representatives. Light refreshments will be served.
- Wednesday, April 2, Hilton Garden Inn, Fort Washington, PA (Philadelphia)
- Tuesday, April 8, Hilton Scranton & Conference Center, Scranton, PA
- Wednesday, April 9, Hoag's Catering at Celebration Hall, State College, PA
- Wednesday, April 16, Pennsylvania College of Technology, Student & Administrative Services Center, Williamsport, PA
- Thursday, April 17, Heritage Hotel, Lancaster, PA
- Tuesday, April 22, Courtyard by Marriott, Mt. Arlington, NJ
- Tuesday, April 29, Holiday Inn Conference Center, Breinigsville, PA (Allentown)
- Thursday, May 1, Courtyard by Marriott, Reading, PA
- Tuesday, May 6, Crowne Plaza Danbury, Danbury, CT
- Thursday, May 8, Holiday Inn, Indiana, PA
All students will be entered to win a $50 gift card to The College Store!
For more information, contact the Admissions Office.