Network Username & Password Information
New / Transfer / Reenrolled Students
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive a letter that includes your network username and password. You will need this information to log into the SIS, as well as other electronic resources such as College e-mail. If you misplace or forget your network username and password, please contact the Student Help Desk at 570-322-7154.
Penn College has discontinued use of the 4-digit PIN. Use your network username and password to log into the SIS. This is the same username and password used to log into College e-mail, the portal, and P.L.A.T.O. If you misplace or forget your network username and password, contact the Student Help Desk at 570-322-7154, or dial 7154 from any on-campus phone.
Alumni and Former Students
Penn College has discontinued use of the 4-digit PIN. To be assigned a new username and password to access the Student Information System, contact the Student Help Desk at 570-322-7154.
SIS Login Help
We have had several students report problems getting into SIS from the Web browser on their home or dorm PC. Some of the problems, and their suggested solutions, are:
- Peer-to-peer file sharing programs like KaZaa and Gator install programs called Commonname and New.Net,
which can cause login problems. Removing these programs should allow you
to log in properly to SIS and Penn College e-mail.
- To remove these programs, use the Add/Remove Programs feature in the Windows Control Panel. Once you have removed any offending program, you will need to restart your computer.
- Some service providers, such as comcast.net, feed cached pages instead of live pages to ease load time. If you are having problems accessing SIS, clear your local system cache, then close and re-open your browser.
- In Internet Explorer select 'Tools --> Internet Options --> Delete Files (including offline content)'.
- In Netscape select 'Edit --> Preferences --> Advanced' and clear both disk and memory cache.
- SIS may not work in old versions of Internet browsers due to bugs and incompatibilities. We recommend installing the latest version of your Internet browser.
- You may have disabled your SIS account. After five invalid login attempts, your SIS account will become disabled. Your network account will reset in 15 minutes from the time of your fifth failed login attempt. If you have forgotten your network username and password, contact the Student Help Desk at 570-322-7154, or dial 7154 from any on-campus phone.