Natural Resources Management
Mission & Goals
The mission of the School of Natural Resources Management is to provide academic programs in Diesel, Heavy Construction Equipment, On-Site Power Generation, Horticulture and Forest Technologies. Our ties to industry strengthen our commitment to the application of technical knowledge, lifelong learning and excellence. Program structure provides business, industry and the public sector with a technically proficient employee who possesses a sound work ethic and environmental awareness, effective problem solving and critical thinking processes, leadership and interpersonal skills.
We strive to instill qualities in our students over a broad range. Specifically, we value the knowledge and application of technology, safety, information literacy, critical thinking, and work based experiences.
- acquire the skills and knowledge to utilize industry focused technology.
- demonstrate approved safety standards and procedures for their related industry.
- critically read, understand, and apply concepts from technical resources.
- demonstrate written and oral communications that meet professional standards.
- apply critical thinking skills in problem solving and trouble shooting.
- be exposed to industry professionals in their field of study and other appropriate work based experiences.