Communication & Literature Department Mission & Goals
The mission of the Communication and Literature Department is to provide cross-disciplinary focused communication study that increases knowledge, develops skills, and promotes sensitivity toward others.
The goals of the department are to foster the ability of students to:
- comprehend, analyze, and synthesize written material;
- express concepts in writing;
- apply a variety of revision and proofreading techniques;
- express concepts orally;
- comprehend nonverbal communication;
- communicate in a team atmosphere;
- apply active listening skills;
- utilize resource materials to support opinions;
- demonstrate systematic planning skills;
- apply time management skills.