Industrial, Computing & Engineering Technologies
Articulation Agreement: Information Assurance and Security
Associate of Science in Computer Information Security at Harrisburg Area Community College with
Bachelor of Science in Information Assurance and Security (BIS)
Students who transfer to Penn College are responsible for meeting all graduation requirements of their chosen degrees, including the established minimums that dictate the number of credits that must be completed at Penn College.
Course Evaluation Plan and Recommendations
- BIS General Education requirements completed as part of the Harrisburg Area Community College degree will be evaluated on a course by course basis
- HACC graduates of the A.S. in Computer Information Security will enroll in CIT 180 (Introduction to Databases) during their first semester at Penn College. Alternately, students may complete and transfer HACC CIS 241 (Database Administration I) to fulfill the Penn College 3 credit database competency requirement.
- In order to maximize course transfer and expedite progression to graduation, students should take the following courses as electives at Harrisburg Area Community College while completing their A.S. degree in Computer Information Security:
- MATH 121 - Calculus I (not MATH 125 Discrete Mathematics)
- 3 credit science or 4 credit lab science course as a Core C Elective
Articulation Agreement implemented: March 23, 2010