Industrial, Computing & Engineering Technologies
Articulation Agreement: Information Assurance and Security
Associate of Science in Software Development (780.2) at Community College of Allegheny County with
Bachelor of Science in Information Assurance and Security (BIS)
Students who transfer to Penn College are responsible for meeting all graduation requirements of their chosen degrees, including the established minimums that dictate the number of credits that must be completed at Penn College.
Course Evaluation Plan and Recommendations
- BIS General Education requirements completed as part of the Community College of Allegheny County degree will be evaluated on a course by course basis. Pennsylvania College of Technology participates in PA TRAC (http://www.patrac.org). CCAC students should use PA TRAC to verify that CCAC courses will transfer to Penn College as General Education electives.
- In order to maximize course transfer and expedite progression to graduation, students should take the following courses:
- MAT 201 – Calculus I as a mathematics elective
- CIT 125 – Web Development
- BUS 103 – Principles of Management as the accounting or business elective
- Complete the following courses as General Electives
- CIT 220 – Linux/Unix Operating System
- ACC 104 – Financial Accounting
- If necessary, either MAT 111, MAT 142, or MAT 147 as prerequisites to MAT 201
Course Transfer Equivalencies
|Restricted Elective (Recommend CIT 115)||Networking Competency – 1st semester|
|General Elective (Recommend CIT 120)||Networking Competency – 2nd semester|
|CIT 111||Programming Competency – 1st semester|
|Restricted Elective (Recommend CIT 130)||Programming Competency – 2nd semester|
|General Elective (Recommend CIT 220)||Unix/Linux Competency|
|Restricted Elective (Recommend CIT 230)||Database Competency|
|Restricted Elective (Recommend CIT 125)||Web Technologies Competency|
|General Elective (Recommend IT Elective)||IT/Business Elective|
|General Elective (Recommend CIS 100 or CIT 100)||Computer literacy|
|Math Elective (MAT 201)2||MTH 240|
|ENG 101||ENL 111|
|ENG 102||ENL 121 or ENL 201|
|Fitness/Lifetime sports Elective (2 credit)|
|General Elective (or take ACC104 or BUS 103)1||Humanities/Social Science/Art/Foreign Language/Applied Art/International Field Experience Elective (3 credit)|
|Humanities/Social Science/Art/Foreign Language/Applied Art/International Field Experience Elective (3 credit)|
|Science Elective||Science Elective|
|SPH101||Liberal Arts Elective (CMM 200)|
|Mathematics Elective, if needed: MAT 111 (or other transfer class)||Open Elective|
|Mathematics Elective, if needed: MAT 147 (or other transfer class)||Open Elective|
|Science Elective (take with a lab)4||Science with Lab|
|Science with Lab Elective|
|Humanities Elective||Humanities Elective|
|Social Science Elective||Social Science Elective|
1 Students can select either ACC 104 (transfers as Penn College ACC113), BUS 103 (transfers as Penn College MGT 115) or a general education course that would transfer as Penn College humanities, social science, art, foreign language or applied art course.
2 Must be completed prior to first semester at Penn College.
3 Complete 36 credits at Penn College for course work prescribed in the final four semesters of a student's profile (including any summer course work required within or after the final four semesters).
4 Penn College requires two science classes, one of which must include a lab component. Penn College recommends that the second science include a lab component.
Articulation Agreement implemented: March 12, 2010