Architectural Technology majors
"Technology and applications in the construction industry are ever-changing. Penn College continues to meet this challenge by providing the industry with qualified construction professionals."
– Marc Bridgens, Dean of Construction & Design Technologies
Class sizes range from about 16 to 22 students.
Choose a degree
Bachelor of Science (B.S.)
- sustainable designer
- sustainability contractor
- architectural project team member
- project supervisor
- job foreman
- architectural draftsperson
- CAD operator
- specification writer
- computer labs with the latest versions of specialized architectural software, including: AutoCAD, Revit, 3D Studio MAX, Sketchup, Photoshop, Rhinoceros 5
- 5 computer labs with 120 computer seats; with a (nearly) 1:1 ratio of computers to students
- "jury room" for presentations of designs
- sustainability related software, including: Green Building Studio, DOE 2.1, Energy 10, Energy Audit Software;
- studio spaces that combine computer stations and layout tables with designated model-building areas;
- major equipment and building performance evaluation tools, including: PV panels, solar water heaters, wind turbine demonstration unit, blower door, air quality meter, thermal imager, duct blaster, power analyzer, digital light meters.
Read Architectural Technology news.
Other Architectural Technology Information
- Construction & Design Technologies printable information
- Program Review Executive Summary AY2010-2011: Architectural Technology
- Program Review Executive Summary AY2011-2012: Building Science and Sustainable Design