Business & Hospitality
In the School of Business and Hospitality, our students gain hands-on experience in the classroom and through industry experience. On any given day, you will find our students doing amazing things. For instance, it is common to find:
- Accounting students giving volunteer tax assistance to local residents
- Culinary students preparing a seven-course gourmet dinner for guests in Le Jeune Chef Restaurant
- Banking and Finance students managing College endowment funds
- Baking and Pastry students building chocolate houses that will be auctioned off to benefit Habitat for Humanity
- Business students collecting canned goods to benefit the needy
- Students in hospitality majors cooking and serving guests at the Kentucky Derby
Students take what they learn from their classes and through their experiences to develop the technical and leadership skills that will help them succeed in the world of business.
I invite you to come visit us and see some of the great things our students are doing.
School of Business and Hospitality highlights:
- Gain practical experience through a paid internship.
- Become certified in your chosen field as a Financial Planner, Culinarian, Public Accountant, or Pastry Culinarian.
- Attend small classes and labs.
- Practice in our fine dining restaurant.
- Study abroad in Europe.
- Become a student government senator or the leader of a student organization.
Success in the world of business and hospitality requires technical, management, and leadership skills, along with a passion to succeed. If you have the passion to succeed, we have the programs to help you achieve your goals.
Please explore our offerings, and contact me if you would like more information.
Frederick W. Becker, PhD
Dean of Business and Hospitality