Business & Computer Technologies
Already completed an associate’s degree and wish to complement it with a bachelor’s degree?
Penn College has established articulation agreements with the colleges listed below to ensure that you will be accepted as a junior in any of the following bachelor-degree majors if you meet the requirements.
Health Information Management
Students interested in pursuing the Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management must meet one of the following criteria:
- Students must possess an associate’s degree in Health Information Technology from a CAHIIM (or CAAHEP) accredited institution and the RHIT credential.
- Applicants who have earned the RHIT credential, but not completed an associate’s degree program will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Other students may be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Information Technology: Information Assurance and Security Concentration
- Community College of Allegheny County – Software Development
- Community College of Allegheny County – Information Technology Support
- Community College of Allegheny County – Computer Information Technology
- Harrisburg Area Community College – Computer Information Security
- Harrisburg Area Community College – Computer Information Systems - Database
- Harrisburg Area Community College – Computer Networking Technology
- Harrisburg Area Community College – Computer Support Specialist
- Johnson College – Computer Information Technology
Legal Assistant/Paralegal Studies
Applicants for the Bachelor of Science in Legal Assistant – Paralegal Studies must possess an associate’s degree in paralegal/legal assistant studies.
Applicants for the Bachelor of Science in Technology management must possess an associate’s degree in a technical or professional area.
Steps for Transferring
- Complete the Application for Admission*
- Complete the appropriate financial aid forms.
- The Penn College Financial Aid Office distributes aid to both first-year students and transfer students. You can apply for Penn College Scholarships by completing the Penn College Scholarship Application.
- More information about having your financial aid from your previous institution transferred to Penn College can be found here: www.pct.edu/finaid/transferaid.htm.
- Contact the Coordinator of Matriculation and Retention who can monitor the processing of your transfer.
* Preference will be given to those who apply before December 1 of the prior year for fall semester admissions.
Additional Information about Transferring to Penn College
If you earned an associate's degree from a college not listed above or have started your degree at another college and wish to transfer to Penn College to earn your degree, please contact the Coordinator of Matriculation and Retention for information about transferring to Penn College.
If you would like to unofficially search for classes that transfer to Penn College, please visit our Transfer Course Equivalency database.
For general transfer information relating to placement testing, scheduling, transcript evaluation, and other topics, visit the Advisement Center website.