Application & Selection Process
Penn College scholarship application dates:
- December 1 – The Penn College scholarship application system begins accepting applications. A new application is required for each academic year.
- April 15 – priority deadline for upcoming fall awards. This is also the FAFSA due date.
- June – Scholarships begin to be awarded. Recipients will be notified by e-mail.
- October 1 – deadline for upcoming spring awards.
Before you submit your Penn College scholarship application:
- Submit your completed FAFSA each year. Most scholarships have financial need criteria, and will look at your FAFSA for eligibility.
- Ensure you have your Financial Aid Application (FAA) on file with the Financial Aid Office, for the academic year in which you are applying for scholarships.
- If you are a newly admitted student, you must have received your Penn College student ID number, and your tuition deposit must be paid.
- Read answers to frequently asked questions for additional information.
You need only submit this application one time per academic year. The application will match you with as many of Penn College’s scholarships as you are eligible for. (Unless stated, you must be enrolled full time and have a minimum 2.5 GPA.)
If you are awarded a Penn College scholarship:
- You will receive written notification from the College as soon as possible following your selection, typically prior to the start of the semester. (In some cases, notification may be delayed until mid-semester.)
- As soon as the scholarship is credited to your account, you may begin to use the money toward your college costs.
- Say thank you! We encourage you to send a thank-you note, offering appreciation for the scholarship award, to the scholarship donor or donor representative as soon as possible following notification. The name and address of the scholarship's contact person will be included in the letter from Financial Aid. A copy of the thank-you note should be sent to the Financial Aid Office, and will be placed in your financial aid file.