Application Dates & Selection Process
Deadline for application is as follows (unless noted otherwise):
- April 15 (for upcoming fall awards)
- October 1 (for upcoming spring awards)
- If the 15th or the 1st falls on a Saturday or Sunday, the deadline will be 11:59 p.m. EDT of that day.
If you are selected to receive a scholarship from Pennsylvania College of Technology or the Penn College Foundation, you will receive written notification from the College. In most cases, you will be notified before the start of the semester; under some circumstances, notification may not be possible until mid-semester. Due to the large number of applications we receive, notification will only be sent to applicants who are selected.
- Some scholarship applications require letters of recommendation and/or student essays. To be eligible, applicants must fill out all forms completely and include all necessary attachments.
- Final selection of scholarship recipients is typically made by April 1 (for fall awards) or October 1 (for spring awards). Award recipients are notified by the Financial Aid Office as soon as possible following the selection.
- Thank-you notes offering appreciation for the scholarship award are to be mailed to the scholarship donor or donor representative as soon as possible following notification. The name and address of the scholarship's contact person will be included in the letter from Financial Aid. A copy of the thank-you note should be sent to the Financial Aid Office, and will be placed in the recipient's financial aid file.
- Scholarship awards may be used for your college costs and will be credited to your account.
It's Important to Say “Thank You”
Scholarships are a key resource, helping students meet their educational costs. In many cases, scholarships actually make the difference between success and failure for a student struggling to afford college costs.
Many generous individuals, businesses and corporations have established scholarships to benefit Penn College students. Impressed by the programs our College offers, they have chosen to give of themselves or their businesses to support the educational endeavors of Penn College students. They fully understand the financial burden students have with the costs of a college education.
It seems only appropriate that students extend thanks to donors in return for their generosity. Donors take great pride in knowing their scholarship continues to help students. In addition, it reinforces that scholarship recipients possess values that include saying "Thanks" upon receiving a gift.
Saying "thank you" means so much more. Donors who regularly receive notes from scholarship recipients have been known to establish additional scholarships. Individuals, businesses and corporations considering establishing a new scholarship like to know their gift will be appreciated by Penn College students.
The benefits of additional scholarship monies are many!
As a scholarship recipient you have a great opportunity to help future Penn College students. How can you do this? It's easy. All you have to do is say “Thank you.”