Application & Selection Process
Penn College scholarship application dates:
- December 1 – The Penn College scholarship application system begins accepting applications. A new application is required for each academic year.
- April 15 – priority deadline for upcoming fall awards, and for submitting your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- April 16 - the awarding process begins.
- October 1 – deadline for upcoming spring awards.
Before you submit your Penn College scholarship application:
- Submit your completed FAFSA each year. Most scholarships have financial need criteria, and require your FAFSA for eligibility.
- Ensure, via the Student Information System (SIS), that you have a Financial Aid Application (FAA) for the academic year in which you are applying for scholarships.
- If you are a newly admitted student, you must have received your Penn College network username and password.
- Read answers to frequently asked questions for additional information.
You can only submit this application one time per academic year. The application will match you with as many of Penn College’s scholarships as you are eligible for. (Unless stated, you must be enrolled full time and have a minimum 2.5 GPA.)
If you are awarded a Penn College scholarship:
- You will receive e-mail notification from the College as soon as possible following your selection, typically prior to the start of the semester.
- Say thank you! We encourage you to send a thank-you note, offering appreciation for the scholarship award, to the scholarship donor or donor representative as soon as possible following notification. The name and address of the scholarship's contact person will be included in the award e-mail.