Returning Student Housing Application Process
2014-15 housing contracts will be accepted starting Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 7 a.m. Please note that the 2014-15 housing contract is binding, and that you are committing to live on campus for the full academic year.
Attention December graduates, Ford ASSET students, and Honda PACT students:
The process below refers only to students who wish to obtain a full-year binding housing contract. See December Graduate and Honda PACT/Ford Asset Housing Contract Process for information on the process for these contracts. NOTE: Students who complete full-year housing contracts and graduate in December will be obligated to pay for Spring 2015 housing costs.
To apply for on-campus housing, returning students must complete the following steps:
Step 1: Go to the Student Information System to begin the Housing Contract
- Log in to SIS.
- Select “On-Campus Housing Application/Contract” from the “Housing Information” menu.
- Click on “Returning Student Housing Contract” under the heading “2014/15 Academic Year” located near the bottom of the page. (You may have to scroll to see this.) To view a sample of the full-year housing contract, click on the link below.
- Follow the directions on each screen.
It is important to realize that you are placing an electronic signature on a legally binding document in which you are agreeing to all of the terms and conditions of the contract. One of these terms and conditions is that you are agreeing to live on campus for a full academic year.
Step 2: Determine/modify preferences
- Indicate your living habits such as the time you normally go to bed, your level of cleanliness, the noise level you prefer for studying, if you participate in sports, or if you enjoy watching sports. This information will be visible to other students who are looking for compatible roommates.
- Select either a 10, 14, or 19 meal/week board plan. (A board plan is required for all students.)
You may modify your preferences until March 31, 2014 by returning to the housing contract page located in SIS.
Step 3: Submit the contract and pay the housing deposit
In order for your contract to be fully processed, you must pay the housing deposit:
- $200 for students currently living on campus
- $300 for students currently living off campus
You will be prompted to pay the deposit with a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover) at the end of the contract.
If you are unable to pay by credit card, you can pay your deposit by cash, check, or money order by coming to the Residence Life Office (SASC 1033) after completing your housing contract. The deposit must be submitted within five business days of submitting your housing contract to hold your housing contract submission date and time.
Step 4: Select an apartment
Students who are of "assigned" status may select an apartment during the apartment selection phase of the process. There are three ways students may select their apartment:
1. Group Assignment for Groups of Four: Students who have enough residents to fill an apartment (four residents) who would like to room together will be given the option to select an apartment prior to the start of the online selection process. Students who opt for this option must have four students who are of "assigned" status who have agreed to live together. Students wishing to pursue this option can pick up an application in the Residence Life Office (SASC 1033) starting on March 3rd, 2024. The completed application must be turned in at the Residence Life Office by Wednesday, March 26th at 4:30 pm. The application must be signed by all four students who wish to be assigned together and all four students must be of "assigned status" by March 26th at 4:30 pm. Groups submitting applications to be assigned as a group will have the opportunity to indicate a preference for a particular apartment, building, and complex. Groups will be assigned between March 27th and March 31st.
2. Individual Selection: Students who complete the Returning Student Full Year Housing Contract, pay the housing deposit, and are of "assigned" status will be placed in a selection group. A few weeks after submitting a contract, students of "assigned" status will receive an e-mail letting them know the date they can select your apartment. The date is based on the date and time the housing contract was submitted and the housing deposit paid. Individual apartment selection will occur between April 1 and April 15. Students who wish to room together but do not have a complete group of four, must plan on signing into the same apartment. Since all spaces are available on a first-come, first-serve basis, there is no guarentee that students will be able to find an apartment with enough open spaces to be assigned together.
Students will be able to search for open spaces and also see the names and living habits of those who have already signed up to live in apartments that have open spaces. We encourage students to use this system to find and select compatible roommates. A list of apartments available to returning students will be posted on this website prior to the selection period. . Below are detailed instructions for completing the apartment selection process and the layout of Campus View and The Village so that you can see where the various buildings are located within each complex.
Not sure where you want live?
Penn College Digz will take you on a virtual tour of Campus View and The Village.
To view Penn College Digz videos visit the Residence Life Portal.
December Graduate Housing Contract
If you will be graduating in December 2014 you will need to fill out a December Graduate Housing Contract. Students who graduate in December and complete a Full-Year Housing Contract will be billed for the Spring 2015 housing costs. The housing cost for a December graduate is approximately $250 more per semester than the standard housing rate but gives you the advantage of not being obligated to housing for the Spring 2015 Housing. Penn College offers a very limited number of December Graduate Housing Contracts and they will be awarded on a first-come first serve basis. The procedure and timeline for completing a December Graduate Contract is as follows:
Starting February 5 at 7 a.m., students currently living on campus may come to the Residence Life Office (SASC 1033) to pay a $200 housing deposit. The December graduate housing contract can be completed once the deposit is paid.*
Starting February 5 at 1 p.m., students currently living off campus may come to the Residence Life Office (SASC 1033) to pay a $300 housing deposit.*
*NOTE: Students will not be able to complete a December Graduate Housing Contract on-line until after the housing deposit is paid, in person, at the Residence Life Office.
Honda PACT/Ford Asset Returning Student Housing Contract
If you are a retuning student in the Honda PACT/Ford Asset program you will most likely need housing for the second eight weeks of both the Fall 2014 semester and the Spring 2015 semester (check with your academic program to make sure your time on campus will coincide with this schedule). A limited number of spaces on campus have been set aside to accommodate Honda PACT/Ford Asset Students who are on campus for the eight week classes. Spaces are awarded on a first come first serve basis. This short-term housing contract will be available on the Student Information System starting on February 5, 2014 starting at 7:00 am. Like the other housing contracts, students must submit a deposit for the contract to be complete. The deposit for students currently living on-campus is $200 while the deposit for students currently lviing off-campus is $300.