Resident Assistant Program
Resident Assistants are student leaders who work in on-campus residence halls to provide a sense of community while serving as positive role models. RAs serve as peer advisers through interactions with residents and peer educators through programming initiatives.
If you are the type of person who enjoys being a positive role model and is genuinely interested in the welfare of your fellow students, then you are exactly the type of person that we are looking for. Not only do RAs receive valuable leadership training and experience - they also receive free housing for the academic year and a meal plan.
- A room accommodation in the residence hall, including amenities
- 14 board meals per week with $200 flex and 5 guest meals each semester
- Waived Residence Life Activity Fee
- College Store credit of $200 ($100 per semester)
- You must be enrolled full-time (12 credits) at Penn College and be willing to make a commitment to Residence Life for the entire year.
- You will need to maintain a cumulative 2.5 GPA and have a minimum of 24 credits earned towards graduation.
- You must not have an outstanding judicial record with Penn College.
- You must possess strong interpersonal skills, a high level of maturity, and a willingness to undergo mandatory training programs.
- You must possess effective oral and written communication skills.
- You will be expected to stay through finals for work assignments and may be required to work during holiday periods when residential facilities are open, such as Spring Break.
- You will be expected to complete the RA Seminar Series in the Spring 2014 semester.
Applications are available as of December 2013 and will remain available until February 10, 2014 on the Student Activities Portal Page. Questions about this position may be sent to Michael Penwell, Coordinator of Residence Life.