Be part of a growing tradition at Penn College! Started in 2010, learning communities center around an academic theme area. Each community is designed to give students in the same major opportunities to expand their knowledge outside the classroom. A dedicated group of faculty and staff are teaming together to bring engaging, outside the classroom opportunities centered around their academic interests and career goals.
Communities Offered to First-year Students
- Automotive – open to students in automotive related majors
- Health Sciences – open to students in health related majors
- Hospitality – open to students in hospitality related majors
- Information Technology – open to students in information technology related majors
Housing & Expectations
Each learning community is in Rose Street Commons, Dauphin Hall.* If you choose to participate in a learning community, you can expect:
- Special programs related to your major
- Strong links between your life in the residence halls and your coursework in the classroom
- An environment centered on your success as a student and member of the Penn College community
Apply for a Learning Community
1. Log in to the Student Information System and go to where you completed your housing contract. The Learning Community Application for the 2013-2014 Academic Year is not yet available. New students who have been assigned to on-campus housing for the 2013-2014 Academic Year will be notified when the application becomes available.
2. Click on the link, How to Apply. Students interested in applying to the learning community must complete a Learning Community Application located on the Student Information System. Space is limited in each community and not all applicants will be accepted. Applications must be submitted by May 31, 2013.
If you have any questions regarding the learning communities or how to apply, feel free to contact the Residence Life Office at 570-320-8023, 800-367-9222, or firstname.lastname@example.org.