Bicycles and Skateboards
Bicycles, skateboards, in-line skates, roller skates, and similar devices are not permitted inside College buildings.
- Bicycles must be parked in bike racks when not in use.
- Bicycles may not be attached to railings, trees, light posts, or anything other than a bike rack.
- Violators will be fined and may have their locks cut and their bicycles impounded until the fine has been paid.
Skateboards, In-line Skates, Roller Skates
Skateboards, in-line skates, roller skates, or similar devices are not vehicles and are prohibited on roadways. In addition to restrictions imposed by the Pennsylvania Vehicle Code, the following prohibitions apply to the operation of skateboards, in-line skates, roller skates, or similar devices on campus:
- No person shall coast or ride upon a skateboard, in-line skate, roller skate, or similar device upon any roadway or within any building on campus.
- Persons may coast or ride upon skateboards, in-line skates, roller skates, or similar devices on sidewalks, provided they yield the right-of-way to pedestrians on foot, and across parking areas, provided they yield the right-of-way to vehicular traffic.
- No person may perform any type of acrobatics using skateboards, in-line skates, roller skates, or other similar devices. Acrobatics shall be defined as any action in which both skates or any wheels of a skateboard are off the ground simultaneously.