Yield: Approximately 1 gallon
|Tomatoes, canned||1 pint crushed up with juice|
|Chicken stock||2 quarts|
|Kidney beans, dried||1 pound|
|Turkey, ground||1 pound|
|Garlic||6 cloves, minced|
|Onion, white||1 each, small dice|
|Bell pepper, green||2 each, small dice|
|Oregano, fresh||1 bunch|
|Parsley, fresh||1 bunch|
|Chipotle peppers, pureed||1 tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||to taste|
|Salt & pepper||to taste|
- Soak kidney beans overnight in water then drain next day when ready to cook.
- Brown the onions and garlic. Add the bell peppers.
- Add the kidney beans, crushed tomatoes, and chicken stock
- Bring to a boil and turn down to a simmer.
- Add the chipotle puree
- Simmer until the kidney beans are soft. Approximately 1 hour.
- Check thickness. It should be thick. If it hasn’t reduced enough, allow to cook more.
- When at desired consistency, add herbs.
- Adjust with tapatillo, lemon juice, agave, and salt and pepper