July 21-25, 2008 · Williamsport, PA · 570-327-4510
Stay up-to-date about NACAT 08 events and plans by visiting this bulletin board frequently. Above all, please remember that this is your conference! We are receptive to any suggestions you have for making the conference better. Contact us if you have any questions or special needs regarding the conference.
See you in July!
Steve Wallace, Conference Coordinator
Dale Jaenke, Conference Host
Some of you undoubtedly have started to make travel plans for the conference. For those of you traveling by air, you may have experienced that although Williamsport has a regional airport, the flights going in and out are very limited and expensive and often dramatically lengthen your total flight time. A more sensible and cost effective approach would be to fly into one of our area airports (Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, State College, or Harrisburg) and rent a car to complete your travel to Williamsport. These airports are all within 1 ½ to 2 hours from Williamsport and have more regular service to and from the area. Call us with questions about travel 570-327-4516. [Directions to Penn College]
Many thanks to our sponsors for their generous support. We welcome any other organizations who wish to contribute as a conference sponsor. Call Dale or Steve at 570-327-4516 or visit Conference Sponsorship for more information.
Convenient online registration available. To date, 198 delegates have registered for the conference. If you plan on being a conference participant, register soon so you can ensure lodging reservations and we can better prepare for your arrival.
The Trade Show floor plan and exhibitor listing has been posted to the Trade Show Web page.
Limited booths are still availalbe. Exhibit Space Application and Contract (PDF)
Seminars are shaping up well. Recently confirmed seminars and presenters are listed below:
- 2009 Durango Hybrid – William Bencini
- Advanced Engine Electronics – Nathan Banke
- Diagnostic Dilemmas – Bernie Thompson
- Ford 6.4L Diesel - A Detailed Overview – Dave Pilgrim
- Improving Class Participation – Jack Erjavec
- Lab Scope Usage and Guide – Don Johnson
- New Diagnostic Technology – Bernie Thompson
- The Art of Teaching Electrical Troubleshooting – Vince Fischelli
- WorldSkills Calgary 2009 – Rick Martineau
- General Motors 2 Mode Hybrid – Alan Nagel
- Intergrating Service Management Into Your Curriculum – Andy Rezin
- Street Smart Troubleshooting: The Charging Circuit – Dennis Tobin
We are also looking at the possibilities of adding heavy/diesel, collision-related mechanics/paint, and OEM technical topics. If you have something to contribute to the general knowledge or niche-specific areas of our trade, fill out the seminar application (PDF) and we will contact you with further instructions/arrangements.