Tech Prep Articulation and Programs of Study (SOAR)
Tech Prep Articulation Agreements at Pennsylvania College of Technology
Tech Prep Articulation Agreements are built by the high school/CTC representative on the Articulation Website. Tech Prep Articulation Agreements are available for programs in Pennsylvania that are Tech Prep status (and therefore not available for POS approval). Contact our office to get started at email@example.com.
- Tech Prep Agreements: Getting Started
- Articulation Clusters (doc download)
- Sample Scope & Sequence (pdf download)
Advanced Credit at Pennsylvania College of Technology
Advanced Credit at Penn College is a compilation of various processes and procedures designed to recognize students' scholastic achievement and learning attained prior to entering Penn College. Below is an example of Competency Assessment, a commonly used prior learning assessment tool.
- Architectural Technology and Building Science and Sustainable Design
- Automotive Service
- Building Construction Technology and Building Construction Tech Masonry Emphasis and Residential Building
- Collision Repair
- Computer Aided Drafting Technology and Computer Aided Product Design
- Diesel Technology
- Early Childhood
- Electrical Technology and Electrical Occupations
- Electromechanical Maintenance Technology
- Heavy Construction Equipment
- HVAC Technology and Plumbing
- Landscape and Horticulture Technology
Additional Penn College Information
Would you like your students to take a sample mathematics college placement exam? Take a look at the Penn College's Math Department's website and give them the opportunity to take these exams online. Students can now see how well they are prepared for college-level mathematics.
You can request current data about your group of students who attend Penn College. Requests must come from an administrator of a career and technical center or school district. Requests can be made by emailing CareerEd@pct.edu.
Services are available to students with special needs at Penn College. More information is provided on the Penn College Disability Services website.
Programs of Study (SOAR)
See how SOAR
Programs are accepted
College of Technology.
Students Occupationally and Academically Ready (SOAR) is a Pennsylvania Department of Education career and technical Program of Study (POS) education plan based on statewide articulation agreements. Through this program, students in many secondary career and technical programs can get a head start in Penn College's associate- and bachelor-degree majors.
To earn SOAR credits, students must submit the following documentation to the College's Admissions Office in addition to the standard Admissions application requirements:
- Official high school transcript
- Secondary Competency Task List with signature of a secondary school technical instructor and the signed cover page.
- PA Certificate of Competency or PA Skills Certificate in technical program area
- Industry certifications earned (if applicable)
Check out the CTE page on www.GettingThemThere.com for easy tools to help your CTE students submit appropriate paperwork to Penn College and other postsecondary SOAR institutions.
SOAR and Penn College Competency Assessment are two separate programs.