How To Publish Your Personal Home Page
It is very easy for Penn College employees and students to publish a personal Web page:
- Your personal web space is on your I Drive. This where all of your Web content must be placed. Only items on this drive will be accessible over the Web.
- Create an index.htm or index.html file, inside the I drive, as your opening page.
- You can place other files directly inside of the I drive, or you can create subfolders as appropriate.
- No I drive? Contact the Network Accounts Coordinator to request one!
- Add your Web page to the index of personal home pages to make it easier for people to find it. There are two separate home page indexes, one for employees and one for students.
To browse to your website, enter http://home.pct.edu/~userid in your browser's address or location bar. The userid = your Penn College network User ID, e.g. jdoe (employee) or doejoh99 (student).