Military Withdrawal Checklist

If you are a member of the U.S. Armed Forces, who has been called to active duty and is receiving financial aid, use the following checklist to ensure a successful withdrawal from Pennsylvania College of Technology and that your financial aid is in order.

  • Contact the Registrar’s Office to initiate a military withdrawal. (This must be done even if you are NOT receiving financial aid.)
  • Provide a copy of your military orders to the Financial Aid Office.
  • If you have received federal student loans, you will need to notify the servicer of your student loan(s). Information on the deferment or forbearance of your loans during your active duty is as follows:
    • If you have a student loan through the Direct Loan Program, complete the Military Deferment Request form. Send the form to Direct Loan Servicing Center, Borrower Services Department, P.O. Box 5609, Greenville, TX 75403-560.
    • If you have a student loan serviced by American Education Services/ Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency, complete the Military Deferment Request form. Send the form to AES, 1200 North 7th Street, Harrisburg, PA  17102. You can also call AES for assistance at 800-233-0557.
    • If you are not sure where your loan is serviced or what type of federal loan you have, you can access that information at the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS), or call 800-4FED-AID.
  • As a federal student loan recipient you will also need to complete NSLDS Exit Counseling in order to fulfill federal regulations. Penn College will also send you a letter with additional information on this requirement.

Note:  This checklist is by no means all inclusive. Individual students may have additional obligations.
If you have specific questions about your military absence, contact the following offices:

Pennsylvania College of Technology
One College Avenue
Williamsport, PA 17701


© 1995 Pennsylvania College of Technology. Penn College® and degrees that work® are registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.