English as a Second Language (ESL)
"Welcome to the ESL program at Penn College. If you are looking for friends, future, and learning experiences, you are looking at the right place!" – Silawat Kaewpijit, Thailand, Automotive Technology
The ESL credit program prepares students to improve their English in order to successfully participate in college classes and community situations. It offers three levels of instruction intended for students who have already acquired some English communications skills and are seeking enrollment in a Penn College major.
to get to know each other, faculty and staff.
A credit-based ESL program provides these benefits to international, degree-seeking students that wish to enroll in one of the College’s academic majors:
- Requires only one application, fee, and verification process to enroll and receive an I-20 document
- Applicants enroll directly as Penn College students
- Accepted students are:
- Considered regular, full-time students upon receipt of tuition and fees payment
- Eligible for on-campus housing
- Able to access campus services such as counseling, health services, library, and tutoring
- Eligible to participate in student organizations, extra- and co-curricular activities, such as clubs and athletics
- Eligible (with adviser approval) to take other credit courses that meet graduation requirements
These benefits strengthen the students’ experience and provide increased opportunities to accelerate acquisition of language and communication skills.
ESL Academic Semester Calendar
|Application deadline||November 1||March 1||June1||November 1||March 1|
|ESL orientation day||January 10||May 16||August 15||January 9||May 15|
|Classes start||January 13||May 19||August 18||January 12||May 18|
|Classes end||May 10||August 7||December 13||May 9||August 6|