Rights & Responsibilities
Rights and Responsibilities of Students with Disabilities
Students with disabilities at Pennsylvania College of Technology have the right to:
- Equal access to courses, programs, services, jobs, activities, and facilities offered through the College.
- An equal opportunity to work, learn, and receive reasonable accommodations, academic adjustments, and/or auxiliary aids and services.
- Appropriate confidentiality of all information regarding their disability, except as disclosures that are required or permitted by law.
- Information in accessible formats.
Students with disabilities at Pennsylvania College of Technology have the responsibility to:
- Meet qualifications and maintain essential institutional standards for courses, programs, services, jobs, activities, and facilities.
- Identify as an individual with a disability when an accommodation is needed and to seek information, counsel, and assistance as necessary.
- Document (from an appropriate professional) how the disability limits their participation in courses, programs, services, jobs, activities, and facilities.
Rights and Responsibilities of Pennsylvania College of Technology
Pennsylvania College of Technology has the right to:
- Identify and establish essential functions, abilities, skills, knowledge, and standards for courses, programs, services, activities, and facilities and to evaluate students on this basis.
- Request and receive, through Disability Services, current documentation that supports requests for academic accommodations and/or auxiliary aids.
- Deny a request for accommodations, academic adjustments, and/or auxiliary aids if the documentation demonstrates that the request is not warranted or if the individual fails to provide appropriate documentation.
- Select among equally effective accommodations, adjustments, and/or auxiliary aids.
- Refuse an unreasonable accommodation, adjustment, and/or auxiliary aid that imposes a fundamental alteration to a program or activity of the College.
Pennsylvania College of Technology has the responsibility to:
- Provide information to faculty, staff, students, and the general public with disabilities in accessible formats upon request.
- Ensure that courses, programs, services, activities, and facilities, when viewed in their entirety, are available and usable in the most integrated and appropriate settings.
- Provide or arrange reasonable accommodations, and/or auxiliary aids for faculty, staff, students, and guests with disabilities in courses, programs, services, jobs, activities, and facilities when requested.
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality of records and communications.
Each student will be asked to sign a Student Agreement form during the initial meeting with Disability Services. By signing this form, students agree to accept responsibility for their disability needs during their stay at Penn College as outlined in the agreement.