Pennsylvania College of Technology encourages qualified students with disabilities to take advantage of its educational programs.
The first step is to arrange for appropriate accommodations.
A student with disabilities seeking accommodations must:
- self-identify as an individual with a disability;
- request needed accommodations;
- provide documentation, from the appropriate professional, explaining how the disability limits participation in courses, programs, activities, and use of facilities.
June 18 and June 19, 2015:
The Autism Spectrum Post-Secondary Interest Experience (ASPIE) is an over-night summer program designed for high school students in grades 9th to 11th with an Autism Spectrum Disorder and their parents. Participants will have an opportunity to obtain valuable information pertaining to post-secondary education and career exploration.
Students anticipating the need for accommodations, both before and after enrollment, are encouraged to contact Disability Services.
Deadline to Submit Disability Documentation
Complete, comprehensive disability documentation for College enrollment must be received by Disability Services in a timely manner. Although documentation will be reviewed on a rolling basis, we recommend students submit their documentation by the following deadline dates in order to ensure accommodations are in place by the start of the semester:
- December 1, 2014 (for Spring 2015 semester)
- June 1, 2015 (for Fall 2015 semester)
Placement Testing with Accommodations
Contact the Disability Services program assistive technology specialist after receiving your testing date from the Academic Services and First Year Programs Office.
Accommodated placement test dates for Spring 2015 enrollment are scheduled for the following dates:
- Wednesday, November 12, 2014
- Wednesday, December 3, 2014