Accommodations and Services
Based upon the history of the disability, current documentation, and the nature of the request, the Disability Services staff will identify appropriate accommodations and services, which may include:
- Adaptive Equipment – Eligible students may borrow a piece of equipment on a semester basis.
- Assistive Technology – Disability Services maintains a variety of assistive technology to help students access materials in alternate format. Assistive technology computers are located at both the Klump Academic Center and the Madigan Library.
- Classroom Seating – Eligible students with disabilities can request preferential front row seating and/or special chairs.
- Enlarged Copies of Test – Upon request, tests and course materials will be enlarged for visually impaired students.
- Sign Language Interpreter – Sign language interpreters will be made available to students whose documentation supports this service.
- Placement Test Accommodations – Testing accommodations can include extended time, test provided on cassette tape, a test scribe, and the use of a calculator, spell checker, or computer.
The Madigan Library offers a variety of assistive technology for library patrons.
Disability Services does not provide individual tutoring for students with disabilities. However, all students, with or without disabilities, have access to free tutoring offered by the Academic Success Center.
A reasonable accommodation is any appropriate academic adjustment, auxiliary aid, and service that is necessary to afford a student with a disability an equal opportunity to participate in the school's programs.
An equal opportunity provides the means to attain the same level of performance or to enjoy benefits that are available to students without disabilities.
Requests for Service
Disability Services staff can address a range of issues in addition to accommodations, including: self-advocacy development, referral to campus and community resources, and liaison with faculty in conjunction with the student-signed consent.
Current students can find procedures to request accommodations and services on the Disability Services portal site.