All currently enrolled students and current employees are eligible to be assessed in College Health Services. Each student will be required to have a completed Self Appraisal form on file and will be asked to present their Penn College ID card. All visitors will be provided with basic first aid in the event of an accident on campus.
NOTE: Students who have graduated and are not currently enrolled at the college are NOT eligible to be assessed in College Health Services.
- Emergency treatment
- Assessment of acute illnesses
- Allergy injections
- Equipment loans (crutches, arm slings)
- Infirmary for ill students during regular office hours
- Immunizations (fees apply)
- Health Sciences, Sports and Driver's License Physicals (fees apply)
- Over the counter medications (fees may apply)
- Limited prescriptions written by College Physician (fees apply)
- Referrals to outside agencies (Sports' Medicine, Dermatology, ENT)
- Counseling referrals
- Condom distribution
- Pregnancy tests
- Phlebotomy and laboratory services (fees may apply, insurances accepted)
- Dressing changes
- Suture and staple removal
- Health education and materials
- Blood pressure screenings
Serum and instructions are required from your allergist in order to receive injections. Injections will ONLY be administered during physician’s hours. Students must remain in the clinic for 20 minutes following the injection. Fees apply.
Allergist Information Letter (PDF) - This letter contains instructions for the student's allergist regarding the information that is required by Health Services, and how to deliver the required allergy serum.
Suture and Staple Removal
Suture or staple removal will REQUIRE written doctor’s order or discharge paperwork from the emergency department
Routine immunization schedules change from time to time. It is important to review your immunization record regularly. Contact College Health Services with any questions regarding immunizations.
College Health Services offer the following immunizations (fees apply).
- Chicken pox
- Hepatitis A and B
- Tetanus (Adacel available)